Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bad experience with Wolverine24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... e_ViewLink

Last time I bid on this sellers auctions every single item I lost I got a 2nd chance offer on...

UPDATE:

Well I reluctantly bought from him and am seriously regretting it. I ordered a Bagwell 97 Pinnacle Mirror Gold, Mirror Red, and Mirror Blue. I only received the Mirror Blue. I have been sending him messages for 5 days and have had no response. I'll be calling ebay today when I get out of class.

I HATE sellers that don't give a damn when they screw up because they know they have enough feedback to cover a few negatives.

I was supposed to get:
ed1c_1.jpgb206.gif
b210.gif

He only sent me:
b244.gif

Which I already have... UGH ::facepalm::

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Re: This look like a shilling account to anyone else?

Tough to say. The 30 day history is certainly suspicious, but only 17% of the bidders bids are with that seller.

I'd need to know who the other sellers were before I could make an informed guess either way.

Craig

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008

I looked through his auctions after I got all those 2nd chance offers. Seller seems like he is a good seller once the auction ends but if I were a betting man I would say he shills a LOT of his auctions.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

Wolverine24 - he's a known patch faker for one. I wouldn't be surprised if he does shill his auctions. I bid on quite a few, and only received one second chance offer on about 7 total losses. This was alos when he had a free shipping thing going.

I don't want to defend the guy because he's trash for his patch faking, but I think he has multiple copies of the cards and gives the second chances, especially the Pinnacle inserts. I see he always has a ton listed, and states he has many more.

If he is shilling, then he has multiple accounts doing it that all have nice looking feedback. I think he's just a popular guy on ebay and the cards get alot of bids. Then to save himself time, he uses his extra copies as 2nd chance offers.

NEVER EVER buy a nice looking patch from him though.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois

Card Magnet said:
Wolverine24 - he's a known patch faker for one. I wouldn't be surprised if he does shill his auctions. I bid on quite a few, and only received one second chance offer on about 7 total losses. This was alos when he had a free shipping thing going.

I don't want to defend the guy because he's trash for his patch faking, but I think he has multiple copies of the cards and gives the second chances, especially the Pinnacle inserts. I see he always has a ton listed, and states he has many more.

If he is shilling, then he has multiple accounts doing it that all have nice looking feedback. I think he's just a popular guy on ebay and the cards get alot of bids. Then to save himself time, he uses his extra copies as 2nd chance offers.

Curious as to where you came up with this statement. I have known Chad for a long time and though sometimes he has issues with shipping etc. I have never known him to alter cards. I think the correct issue is that he buys up collections that have fake cards in them, which he may not know are fake.....

TK

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

pujolsthomefan33 said:
Card Magnet said:

Curious as to where you came up with this statement. I have known Chad for a long time and though sometimes he has issues with shipping etc. I have never known him to alter cards. I think the correct issue is that he buys up collections that have fake cards in them, which he may not know are fake.....

TK
Common sense should prevail on some of them though. This guy must have horrible luck buying collections then, because there's always a fake patch or more up for auction. Maybe I should rephrase and say he is a known fake patch seller. Either way, I have no respect for him.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

Funny that an item from this seller pops up on here at least once a week.

I don't know if he shills, but I have purchased 1 card from him, and there was 1 bidder that made me a little curious.

My guess is that he has several fellow sellers who shill for him, or he is just a really popular/lucky guy.

His cards always seem to sell for anywhere from 10-40% higher than similar copies from other sellers.

As far as the fake patch accusations go, even if he isn't the one making them, a huge powerseller who only deals in cards should be able to recognize a fake patch at a glance.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008

never buy from him, for me its mainly because his auctions always go for way more than what they normally go for.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA

I have won cards from him in the past and probably will do so in the future..

When I bid on a card, I put what I am willing to pay for the card.. If I get beat, then most of the time I don't rebid..

If I get a 2nd chance offer for what I bid, then I will buy it..

As a seller, I have sold a few cards that were dupes thru the 2nd chance offer..

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois

Card Magnet said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
[quote="Card Magnet":s50opekz]Wolverine24 - he's a known patch faker for one. I wouldn't be surprised if he does shill his auctions. I bid on quite a few, and only received one second chance offer on about 7 total losses. This was alos when he had a free shipping thing going.

TK
Common sense should prevail on some of them though. This guy must have horrible luck buying collections then, because there's always a fake patch or more up for auction. Maybe I should rephrase and say he is a known fake patch seller. Either way, I have no respect for him.[/quote:s50opekz]

So you have no real proof.......I am not saying one way or the other and I am not trying to defend him.....but I know how much he buys and how big some of the collections are, and trust me the 4-5 fake patches that are probably in each collection are not even cards he is probably looking at or knows much about.

Be careful making accusations like that if you dont have rock solid proof. I am not saying Chad is the most honest guy in the world, because a few years back he ran into some problems with some checks he wrote for collections, but other than that, I have never heard or seen him have any other issues.

As far as the cards going higher, there are a lot of sellers with that high of feedback whose cards command a little bit higher prices....

wolverine24
j-man
jseau
little_italian
yanxyanx

The list can go on and on..........

TK

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

pujolsthomefan33 said:
Card Magnet said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
[quote="Card Magnet":11hwe8zx]Wolverine24 - he's a known patch faker for one. I wouldn't be surprised if he does shill his auctions. I bid on quite a few, and only received one second chance offer on about 7 total losses. This was alos when he had a free shipping thing going.

TK
Common sense should prevail on some of them though. This guy must have horrible luck buying collections then, because there's always a fake patch or more up for auction. Maybe I should rephrase and say he is a known fake patch seller. Either way, I have no respect for him.

So you have no real proof.......I am not saying one way or the other and I am not trying to defend him.....but I know how much he buys and how big some of the collections are, and trust me the 4-5 fake patches that are probably in each collection are not even cards he is probably looking at or knows much about.

Be careful making accusations like that if you dont have rock solid proof. I am not saying Chad is the most honest guy in the world, because a few years back he ran into some problems with some checks he wrote for collections, but other than that, I have never heard or seen him have any other issues.

As far as the cards going higher, there are a lot of sellers with that high of feedback whose cards command a little bit higher prices....

wolverine24
j-man
jseau
little_italian
yanxyanx

TK[/quote:11hwe8zx]
Your proof is below. I could post a number of things like this, but won't. Just search these boards - you'll find more than enough to prove he sells fakes. I can't believe you've never heard of any other issues. That's a shame because I know there's alot of others out there who haven't, so they'll be ripped out of their money.

When you make a fake patch a feature auction, you've looked at it - you know what you're selling. It also seems too odd that he happens to buy collections with fake NFL patches in them all of the time. Yes, that is just speculation on my part. A seller is supposed to take responsibility for what they sell. Not to mention his "game used" stuff that's really from events (more likely a fake patch from somebody closet though). That's not too big of a deal, but it is a bit off.

!BQNGi8QBWk~$(KGrHgoH-DwEjlLl3z,yBJ3lh+K55w~~_1.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary

pujolsthomefan33 said:
Card Magnet said:

TK

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39195&start=0

how could you NOT know these are fake? Especially someone who deals in cards full time? :?

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008

Well I reluctantly bought from him and am seriously regretting it. I ordered a Bagwell 97 Pinnacle Mirror Gold, Mirror Red, and Mirror Blue. I only received the Mirror Blue. I have been sending him messages for 5 days and have had no response. I'll be calling ebay today when I get out of class.

I HATE sellers that don't give a damn when they screw up because they know they have enough feedback to cover a few negatives.

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
I have had nothing but pleasant transactions with wolverine and I wouldnt hesitate to buy from again. Sorry to see others have had negative experiences with him, but mine have been flawless and shipping was quick.

yanxyanx

Sep 13, 2008
Riverdale, NY

pujolsthomefan33 said:

wolverine24
j-man
jseau
little_italian
yanxyanx

TK

Oooo, I feel honored! Thanks TK!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

yanxyanx said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

wolverine24
j-man
jseau
little_italian
yanxyanx

TK

That Tyler Flowers lot I got from you didn't go higher :)

yanxyanx

Sep 13, 2008
Riverdale, NY

cgilmo said:
yanxyanx said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

wolverine24
j-man
jseau
little_italian
yanxyanx

TK

That Tyler Flowers lot I got from you didn't go higher :)

That's because I was nice and put a very attractive BIN...just for you! :)

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I to occasionally bid on his items , none that can be altered though, and havent won yet because they all seem to sell far over current prices for whatever reason.

Members online

Latest posts