Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best place to buy the blank sweet spot signature cards???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Posting this for a little help from the autograph hounds. Went to the angels game this week and passed on a few autos because I didn't have cards of some of the players. I thought about buying some of the blank sweet spot autograph cards but not sure where I can get the best deal on them. I see them on ebay for 10.00 for 25 which comes to .40 cents each. I'm sure the backs are blank. Does anyone know where to grab at least 100 or more of these on the cheap? Thanks in advance on the replies. Here's the auction that I saw on ebay. I'm going to try to do a more in depth search on them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Autograph-Card- ... 7C294%3A30

Ellis Shoe

Mar 27, 2009
unfortunately the guy that makes those is extremely firm on his price on them. I have asked him numerous times if I bought a larger quantity would he drop the price, but he won't. The unfortunate part is that no one else really makes and sells them so he has no competition to force a price drop.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Just wait for your 2007 SS stuff to fade completely away.

Honestly, this is news to me that these even existed.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
the backs actually aren't blank - they have room to write info about the autograph that you obtained (date, place, etc.). the card stock is also surprisingly thick, like a Topps base card (but not glossy). I use these a lot and theyre great for when you dont have a card of a new draft pick or something. I've also seen other kinds that are printed on photo paper, but these are professionally done. I usually order off their web site: theautographcard.com

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I think it's funny that he sells blank ones for 10 bucks but also has many signed ones for sale for $1.99 each.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Mighty Bombjack said:
I think it's funny that he sells blank ones for 10 bucks but also has many signed ones for sale for $1.99 each.

Its $10 for 25.... or $49.75 if you want to buy 25 of the signed ones

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
i remember him a couple years ago here at the fall league. he had stacks of blanks in a bag. on his last day wouldn't sell single blanks at even $2 a piece - huge profit lost.
yeah i'm still :x about this.
i need a :grouphug:

thehamiltonian

Mar 7, 2009
Canada
I've got some of those cards - I haven't found anyplace cheaper, nor have I found a way to make anything similar on my own for the same price. They are good quality stock - printed front and back, and they sign exceptionally well.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":2t4u068x]I think it's funny that he sells blank ones for 10 bucks but also has many signed ones for sale for $1.99 each.

I think it's funny that you clearly do not know how to read. It is 10 for 25 of them. That is $0.40 per, which is much less than $1.99.[/quote:2t4u068x]

Yes, you got me. I didn't bother reading the description. I guess I just assumed that since the OP was asking for a better price, they would cost a bit more than 40 cents each.

Skillz

Aug 7, 2008
They're pretty nice. He's a stickler about the price but if you send a note requesting a few of the different kinds to try when you purchase a decent amount he'll usually throw 2-3 in for free. They sell surprisingly well though many players won't sign them because the MLB has convinced them that everybody wants to steal their identities.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Skillz said:
They're pretty nice. He's a stickler about the price but if you send a note requesting a few of the different kinds to try when you purchase a decent amount he'll usually throw 2-3 in for free. They sell surprisingly well though many players won't sign them because the MLB has convinced them that everybody wants to steal their identities.

I have yet to run into a player who has used that excuse.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
Skillz said:

Come to Twinsfest and pull out some blank note cards, you will get some players that will say they wont sign them for the exact reason above. Craig, Bo, Greg can all vouch for this.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
1.) I've seen those cards in spring training, minor league games, et al and I can't believe how those things have mushroomed in popularity.

2.) I want to get some but I'd rather get actual cards for the $10 per pack price instead of glorified index cards.

3.) As they come up, many of the players [likely going to the Major Leagues] are probably advised not to sign anything where their autographs can be reproduced.

On the other hand, college players, lower level minor league guys, retired players, et al probably have no problems signing the blank cards.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I'd probably go to a show somewhere and buy an 8x10 of the Angels' logo or a 8x10 panorama style photo of Angel Stadium.

You can probably fill those up with autographs all season long and have something more significant to talk about than just having random cards signed.

David Campos said:
Posting this for a little help from the autograph hounds. Went to the angels game this week and passed on a few autos because I didn't have cards of some of the players. I thought about buying some of the blank sweet spot autograph cards but not sure where I can get the best deal on them. I see them on ebay for 10.00 for 25 which comes to .40 cents each. I'm sure the backs are blank. Does anyone know where to grab at least 100 or more of these on the cheap? Thanks in advance on the replies. Here's the auction that I saw on ebay. I'm going to try to do a more in depth search on them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Autograph-Card- ... 7C294%3A30

thehamiltonian

Mar 7, 2009
Canada
Musial Collector said:
cgilmo said:
Skillz said:

Come to Twinsfest and pull out some blank note cards, you will get some players that will say they wont sign them for the exact reason above. Craig, Bo, Greg can all vouch for this.

I've used them for TTM - and had the blank index returned unsigned, and the autograph card returned signed from the same request. I think its more the completely plain items that players are concerned about signing.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Musial Collector said:
cgilmo said:
Skillz said:

These aren't blank notecards. Did some Twins refuse to sign these kind of cards they are talking about in this thread?

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
I can do them for .30 each if 100 are ordered, and they will be printed professionally and on similar uncoated card stock. PM if you would like to know more.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Musial Collector said:
cgilmo said:
Skillz said:

These aren't blank notecards. Did some Twins refuse to sign these kind of cards they are talking about in this thread?

I realize that. However a comment was made that the MLB has convinced players that people want to steal their identity with their signatures. Gilmore stated to yet run into a player that used that excuse. I realize that he was probably talking about the sweet spot cards, not note cards, but I thought I would interject that players have used that excuse with note cards. Make sense??

Members online

Latest posts