Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Exquisite Matt Ryan auto patch steal? or suspect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I don't know how to link auctions, but apparently someone has just sold a 2008 exquisite auto patch rc of Matt Ryan 2/99 for $350 BIN.

I questioned this seller initially cause the Matt Ryan 2/99 already sold last month for $3500 with a completely different patch.

Apparently, he cancelled the initial auction and changed the serial number to 12/99, but still uses the same image as another card that is closing tonight, and can't provide another scan.

Any explanations, and if someone can post a link to both completed auctions (both the cancelled one and completed one), I would be greatful.

I hope the guy who won the card isn't a board member, this is to alert you that the auction may be bogus. Otherwise it was a complete steal if legit.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
brouthercard said:
I don't know how to link auctions, but apparently someone has just sold a 2008 exquisite auto patch rc of Matt Ryan 2/99 for $350 BIN.

I questioned this seller initially cause the Matt Ryan 2/99 already sold last month for $3500 with a completely different patch.

Also, what's fishy is that I think he is using the same scan as a card from another different auction.

Any explanations, and if someone can post a link, I would be greatful.

I hope the guy who won the card isn't a board member, this is to alert you that the auction may be bogus.

Interesting..

To link an EBAY auction, just copy the EBAY auction number and when you are posting, highlight the number and click on the "EBAY" link in formatting and it will put the code on for you..

[ebay:2onqsecc]260404414059[/ebay:2onqsecc] ($350 BIN)
7ca7_1.jpg

Here's another one..

[ebay:2onqsecc]160332257722 [/ebay:2onqsecc] ($635 BIN)
!BRjw1RQBGk~$(KGrHgoH-DgEjlLl1CLoBJ-nh1qDPQ~~_1.jpg

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Just took a look around, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of his auctions is using a stolen picture. With his low feedback and the high price of these cards he's selling, combined with the stolen pics, there's no freaking way I'd buy anything from him. I have a feeling you'd pay him and never see a damn thing.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Either the seller is shady, or he is too lazy to scan his cards..

[ebay:urvfkgvf]260404339980[/ebay:urvfkgvf] Questionable Seller..

!BRu()p!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw2KwwWBJ+hDrKirw~~_1.jpg

[ebay:urvfkgvf]320353465515[/ebay:urvfkgvf] A different seller..
8081_1.jpg

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
Crap, I was the buyer for that auction. I had the same suspicions when I hit the BIN, but I used my paypal credit card, so I figure I'm protected if I were to not receive anything from him/her. Is there something else I should do or should have done to protect myself? I already received positive feedback from the seller, so I'll see if I get anything this week.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
cwc2002 said:
Crap, I was the buyer for that auction. I had the same suspicions when I hit the BIN, but I used my paypal credit card, so I figure I'm protected if I were to not receive anything from him/her. Is there something else I should do or should have done to protect myself? I already received positive feedback from the seller, so I'll see if I get anything this week.

I would make sure he sends it with sig required.. I would sign for it and open it up in front of a postal clerk..

If you don't get it, contact your credit card company and let them know about the fraud.

Good luck,

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
I asked him to provide me another scan and let me know the serial # and he replied with this:

"i dont no what people say but it was my card and it was sold"

hmmmm, I'm getting very worried about this. What is the process like about calling the credit card company and getting a transaction reversed? I never had to do it before and hopefully I won't have to.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
cwc2002 said:
I asked him to provide me another scan and let me know the serial # and he replied with this:

hmmmm, I'm getting very worried about this. What is the process like about calling the credit card company and getting a transaction reversed? I never had to do it before and hopefully I won't have to.

Like Pinbreaker has said. Have the seller send it to you Signature required and maybe even Insurance
and how about Priority mail to boot. I would protect my ass all the way around. Even if you open it in front of someone
I would video tape it too, just in case. good Luck.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
I emailed, asking him again to give me a serial # and another scan and he replied with this

im doing this for a friend
and no
he said if u dont want the card go thur paypal and get it back
he said its not for sale
ive had 100 questions on this card in 4 hrs even before i put it on

I'm about to just file a chargeback on paypal and not even bother with all of this nonsense.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
cwc2002 said:

i think i would contact ebays "live help" asap, youre gonna get screwed

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
G $MONEY$ said:
cwc2002 said:

i think i would contact ebays "live help" asap, youre gonna get screwed

I sent EBAY a note and here is their reply..

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to item numbers
for Image Theft issue.

I reviewed all the information you sent, but I don't have enough
evidence to show that the seller violated any eBay policies.

Sometimes members allow others to use their images. It's also possible
that the seller got the photo from the same source or from a source we
can't verify. In either case, we can't remove the listing.

The only way we can take action in a case like this is if the person who
owns the image or text writes to us directly.

If you feel strongly about this issue, I recommend that you contact the
content owner and suggest that he or she contact us. Once we hear from
the owner, we can respond appropriately.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this
email and let us know.

Sincerely,
eBay Customer Support

images from high end
cards and will probably get money and not send.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
Well, I harassed the seller enough times and he gave me a full refund. Im not sure if this guy is legit or not since he said he's selling the card for a friend, but I rather be safe than sorry. Thanks for looking in to this and giving me some advice.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
cwc2002 said:
Well, I harassed the seller enough times and he gave me a full refund. Im not sure if this guy is legit or not since he said he's selling the card for a friend, but I rather be safe than sorry. Thanks for looking in to this and giving me some advice.

I'm glad things worked out for you.

It looks like this seller initially sold a couple cards to get some feedback built up, and is now listing several high end high profile cards with stolen scans to try to steal some money. This scammer should be punished.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
cwc2002 said:

The guy is not legit. Be very thankful that you got your money back so easily with little hassle.

Pinbreaker- haha, yeah what a joke. Ebay really needs a couple people (even one person) that has just a little bit of sportscard knowledge, that reply was really sad.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Man, he wouldn't give you a scan even AFTER you paid for it? Yeah, I think you're lucky you got your money back. Hey, we could be wrong. Maybe you would have gotten the card. The whole deal stinks to high heaven though.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Kutzy said:
Looks like everything got canceled he was selling?

I think he cancelled them all. It's been my experience that if ebay cancels them, they won't appear in the completed transactions but will instead just disappear from the face of the earth.

Members online

Latest posts