Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinions on a Very High End Card!!! Value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Here it is:

Babe Ruth 5/10 Throwback Threads
Ruth.jpg

I have no idea of a value... Any experts?

I was offered it for some of my highest items:
arod.jpg

AROD 1994 SP Rookie Card BV-$100

Mays.jpg

CobbBat.jpg

Very tough decision indeed, on one hand I am giving some of my best items... on the other I would own 1 great card.

Thanks in advance for the replies!.

Shep :ugeek:

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I'd do it. You're not giving up anything that's irreplaceable. There's a handful of A-Rod and Mays autos I'd rather have than the ones you do, so I'd do it for sure.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Strictly my opinion, but if they were my cards, I'd try to get that trade done minus the Cobb. I think that would be fair. The Ruth is a great card, but plain Ruth jerseys fetch less than pinstripe swatches. If you could do it minus the Cobb, I'd pull the trigger. Good luck with whatever you decide.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Trade it up man!!! The Ruth jerseys are tough to come across these days and thats just buying with cash!!! You can get another Arod auto...even the same one for around $120 or so and the Mays for another $70-$80. Don't know on the Cobb but he has a wide checklist for how old he is...either decision you are still left with nice cards ;)

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Is that a seam toward the top of the jersey swatch?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The A-Rod is a 2007, correct? If it's a 2006, that might give me pause, but I'd probably still do it. The bottom line is Ruth is still king and jersey cards are better than bat cards. I'd think it's fairly even dollar-wise, though I don't value the Mays card very highly myself. I also would prefer a single high-end card to several nice but definitely lower-tier cards.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I'd be all for doing the deal.. Arod stuff has lost steam on the market and probably will continue to come down a bit more.. the Mays card may be nice but his stuff doesn't fetch top dollar either so easily replaceable and I don't understand why everyone is so hung up on the Cobb card exactly..

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
I never added a scan for the 1994 SP Arod Rookie... just wondering if everyone saw that as part of the deal too?.

Thanks for the responses.

Shep :ugeek:

Members online

Latest posts