Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just received my Razor Metal replacements - THANK YOU!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
I was uncertain whether Brian would be able to replace my Razor Metal Gold Brett Wallace that had a huge hole in it. UPS just dropped off my replacement cards and I'm happy to say that they did indeed replace my Wallace. So THANK YOU for taking care of this Brian!

RazorGold_Wallace-1.jpg

Allen

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:
Congrats. I do have to ask though, where did he get this Wallace gold from? Did they not sell out originally?

I think they would keep a couple as replacements, no?

But it would go against what they said about only a certain number being produced. I don't think anything is fishy, just playing devils advocate here before someone tries to throw Razor under the bus

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:
Congrats. I do have to ask though, where did he get this Wallace gold from? Did they not sell out originally?

But it would go against what they said about only a certain number being produced. I don't think anything is fishy, just playing devils advocate here before someone tries to throw Razor under the bus

I think its common practice to print a few extras in case of problems.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:

I think its common practice to print a few extras in case of problems.

I don't disagree. But the whole idea behind the metal parallels was that only a given number were produced. Again, I don't mind if they printed an extra copy or two so long as they are only used as replacements.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:

although only a certain number are released, it is a common practice to have extra cards produced during the print cycle for replacements.

one classic example is the fleer bankruptcy inventory. they sold off all the "replacement" cards during the auction and they were released into the market as the "fakes" we are seeing now and for years to come.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
It is extremely common when doing any sort of printing/production to produce overage during the process.

Therefore when you are never really printing just 25 press sheets....you actually print more than 25 as "make-readys" (AKA - throw away sheets) on most stocks. Doing such a limited run is an expensive process which is why most companies produce foil parallels with the foil being the primary difference.

endthecurse

Apr 23, 2009
phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:

Wow. I'd like to know if Razor sold out of the Wallace golds. Either way, this doesn't look good if Razor is trying to build faith in the market.

I ordered a batch of the golds when the came out. Several of them were horribly off-center or had significant print marks. After several back-and-forth emails with Mr. Gray, I was told that there are no replacements, due to the limited print run, and that I should send the low-quality golds back to him. I sent five golds back... was reimbursed right away... and all was good - until this.

If they didn't sell out of the Wallace golds, then there were extras floating around - which I thought was not going to happen.

If they did sell out, then Razor had extras in reserve - which I was told was not the case.

-- From Brian Gray to me on 4/11 at 7:58 pm --
"Unfortunately, we do not have replacements for these cards. We guarantee all cards are nrmt/mt or better, which I would bet most of these are. We will gladly offer a full refund on any cards that do not meet that criteria."

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I remember someone selling mass quantities of Pinnacle Certified Mirrors long after the issues, in many cases more copies then were supposedly produced.

Trust is so key when collectors plunk down thier change these days...

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
I know a friend of mine had problems with the Blues that he ordered. He spoke with Brian and was told he would only receive a refund because there were no replacements made. Hmmmmmmm

endthecurse

Apr 23, 2009
Would love an explanation, from someone in the know... anyone that wants to see the entire email (an excerpt is in blue two emails above this one) can PM me.

Edit: My emails with Brian were regarding the Blues, not the Golds (I just re-read my emails with him). Same problem, thouugh, since both were supposed to be printed in limited quantities.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
endthecurse said:
Would love an explanation, from someone in the know... anyone that wants to see the entire email (an excerpt is in blue two emails above this one) can PM me.

Edit: My emails with Brian were regarding the Blues, not the Golds (I just re-read my emails with him). Same problem, thouugh, since both were supposed to be printed in limited quantities.

I know Brian supposedly went through and weeded out the golds and blues that weren't fit for distribution. As a result varying numbers of these cards were actually sold. It is also possible that in some cases, he had a few extras and in other cases due to poor production quality he sold all that he had. I would imagine he kept a few back to replace damaged cards but I'm only speculating.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
masonphillip said:
endthecurse said:

I know Brian supposedly went through and weeded out the golds and blues that weren't fit for distribution. As a result varying numbers of these cards were actually sold. It is also possible that in some cases, he had a few extras and in other cases due to poor production quality he sold all that he had. I would imagine he kept a few back to replace damaged cards but I'm only speculating.

They did the same thing on the Blues as well. That is why there were only 40 Wieters and an odd number for sale on others like Destin Hood. Hmmmmmmm

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
phillyfan0417 said:
The awesome thing about this thread is Razor can't win one way or the other. If they didnt replace it, they suck and now that they replace it, the conspiracy theories will run wild.

hmmmmm

:lol:

The only problem that I see, is the lack of doing the same thing in each case. Either no replacements or replacements. Not as they see fit. I purchase Razor and quite a bit of it as well. I just think a company should stick to one way of handling damaged cards. That is just me. I'm not bashing or anything like that.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Really guys, I bet Brian just took the same stance with everyone that there are no replacements to keep the masses from whining until they received what they felt was a gem mint card they could grade and make mucho profits on. Did he probably lie? Sure, but I won't blame him one bit. If every card comes out gem, why put a premium on graded copies?

This card in question had obvious damage to it instead of just being o/c or not up to the buyers prsonal preference, therefore it got replaced. Not calling out anyone in particular here, just the masses in general. There are always a few whiners no matter what they receive.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Great Dealz Rob said:
phillyfan0417 said:
The awesome thing about this thread is Razor can't win one way or the other. If they didnt replace it, they suck and now that they replace it, the conspiracy theories will run wild.

hmmmmm

The only problem that I see, is the lack of doing the same thing in each case. Either no replacements or replacements. Not as they see fit. I purchase Razor and quite a bit of it as well. I just think a company should stick to one way of handling damaged cards. That is just me. I'm not bashing or anything like that.

Did you stop to think maybe they viable replacements for some and not others?

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
phillyfan0417 said:
Great Dealz Rob said:
phillyfan0417 said:

hmmmmm

Did you stop to think maybe they viable replacements for some and not others?

Did the Gold Wallace sell out? Did the Blue Beckham & Smoak sell out? Yes! So there "shouldn't" be replacements for either. Yes, my problem is they should be more uniform. Why have replacements for some and not others?? That is a very valid question and you can't dispute that.

I love the fact that they aren't all perfect 9.5's that are handed out. It makes it interesting for everyone. How much fun would it be if every card that was sent out was a 9.5? Yes, everyone complains when the get a surface defect or a card that is OC, but I like the fact the cards should have a premium on them in they grade out well.

Members online

Latest posts