Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This year's "Cloverfield"...awesome trailer for District 9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Doesn't seem much like "Cloverfield" (my take on this film is it is a form of symbolism, which is going to probably become more clear towards the end of the movie; showing how certain civilized first world countries treat those in third world countries & such- with the alien's being the 3rd world civilian's & the human's being the 1st world civilian's)...Just a guess after watching both the links :D

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Actually the Cloverfield comparison was merely a commentary on the mysterious trailer. Cloverfield benefited hugely from the trailer and viral campaign, and District 9 seems to be following suit. Other than that I agree with your comment.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
MOFNY said:
Actually the Cloverfield comparison was merely a commentary on the mysterious trailer. Cloverfield benefited hugely from the trailer and viral campaign, and District 9 seems to be following suit. Other than that I agree with your comment.

Oh gotcha (now I see what you're saying)! ;) :D I also think this has alot to do with the hot topic of "immigration". I think the writer basically thought: "Hey, I'll just take societies issue's with illegal alien's, make the "illegal alien" an actual alien, & viola you've got this movie (you see how the citizens are complaining about: an increase in crime due to the alien's, the fact the alien's are using up all thier resource's, the feeling of being unsafe, & even the alien's "junky" vehicle's) :lol: Wow, my analysis/hypothesis may be dead-on! :lol:

Members online

Latest posts