Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Koufax mailday with question? Scan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
My Sandy Koufax Auto Ball from Upper Deck came today. I must say I am a little disappointed. Are these balls supposed to numbered? In the photo online they show the balls numbered. Mine just has a 1 in the number spot. I guess it is a UD eff up. Thoughts?

IMG_1338-1.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I believe it was a cost-saving measure by Upper Deck. Well, that or it's from their "Choose Your Own Serial Number" event.

Either way, it's still a great-looking baseball...a silly serial-number would detract from it in my opinion.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Not sure, when you ordered did the invoice say it was supposed to serial #? None the less, ball looks sweet with nice clean auto. Numbered or not, Sandy sweet spot signed balls are few and far between.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
matchpenalty said:
Not sure, when you ordered did the invoice say it was supposed to serial #? None the less, ball looks sweet with nice clean auto. Numbered or not, Sandy sweet spot signed balls are few and far between.

The HOF ball which is the one I have shows a number on there website. This one just has a 1 there and I believe it takes away from the ball. I want either the full number or no number.
http://store.upperdeck.com/Products/Upp ... 57643.aspx

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I believe it was a cost-saving measure by Upper Deck. Well, that or it's from their "Choose Your Own Serial Number" event.

Either way, it's still a great-looking baseball...a silly serial-number would detract from it in my opinion.

it looks retarded w/ just a 1 there bro

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
jeremy said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

it looks retarded w/ just a 1 there bro

I agree!

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I have heard it's pretty easy to remove unwanted stuff off baseballs. I think their is a thread on it here. If I recall. You can take a piece of scotch tape, rub it on the ink spot and it will take it up without leaving a mark.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
matchpenalty said:
I have heard it's pretty easy to remove unwanted stuff off baseballs. I think their is a thread on it here. If I recall. You can take a piece of scotch tape, rub it on the ink spot and it will take it up without leaving a mark.

Thanks for the advise but I don't think I am going to do this with a $250 ball like this one. Any other thoughts from the morning crowd?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Erich said:
matchpenalty said:

Thanks for the advise but I don't think I am going to do this with a $250 ball like this one. Any other thoughts from the morning crowd?

I'm not really sure what you're looking for in terms of an answer. You either are ok with it or you're not.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
phillyfan0417 said:
Erich said:
matchpenalty said:

I'm not really sure what you're looking for in terms of an answer. You either are ok with it or you're not.

I guess what I am hoping is somebody has one or has seen one and can give me a def answer as to what should be there. At that point I can go back to UD.

Members online

Latest posts