Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg Last Night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I didn't realize he pitched until this morning, as he typically takes the hill on Friday.

Anyway, he's now 12-0. Got in a bit of a jam in the 1st, but turned out dominant again.

7 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 10 K's

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
[ebay:30b4m1h5]260400323394[/ebay:30b4m1h5] - New high for this card, I believe.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
thefasterblade said:
I sort of hope he busts this way I won't have to see this guy for the next 20 years of my life on ESPN and in advertisements.

Would you feel that way if you owned any of his cards?

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Jaypers said:
thefasterblade said:
I sort of hope he busts this way I won't have to see this guy for the next 20 years of my life on ESPN and in advertisements.

Would you feel that way if you owned any of his cards?

If I owned cards I planned on flipping in the near future, most likely. If I was looking to have a PC of him, probably not.

I own a Harper USA patch/auto...if he was ugly as Strasburg, I'd want to make money off the hype and then for him to fizzle.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I'm not a **** or anything, but he doesn't look that bad on the USA cards. His stash makes him look like a bit of a hippy. If he cleaned himself up USA style, he'd look better.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
I assume that baseball allows the player's agent and the team with the #1 pick to negotiate prior to the draft, a la the NFL. If Boras is really seeking anywhere from $30-$50MM for Strasburg and is going to hold firm on anything NEAR that, the Nats should just move on. I'm not kidding, and I'm sure it's an unpopular train of thought, but the failure rate of pitchers is so astronomically high due to injuries that spending so much on this kid is just nuts to me. I know the PR hit would be massive for not taking him, but for a team to dole out their biggest contract to a player who has never pitched in the majors? Lunacy IMO.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
pujolsjunkie said:
I assume that baseball allows the player's agent and the team with the #1 pick to negotiate prior to the draft, a la the NFL. If Boras is really seeking $50MM for Strasburg and is going to hold firm on anything NEAR that, the Nats should just move on. I'm not kidding, and I'm sure it's an unpopular train of thought, but the failure rate of pitchers is so astronomically high due to injuries that spending so much on this kid is just nuts to me. I know the PR hit would be massive for not taking him, but for a team to dole out their biggest contract to a player who has never pitched in the majors? Lunacy IMO.

No chance he gets anywhere near that, trust me.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Jaypers said:
pujolsjunkie said:
I assume that baseball allows the player's agent and the team with the #1 pick to negotiate prior to the draft, a la the NFL. If Boras is really seeking $50MM for Strasburg and is going to hold firm on anything NEAR that, the Nats should just move on. I'm not kidding, and I'm sure it's an unpopular train of thought, but the failure rate of pitchers is so astronomically high due to injuries that spending so much on this kid is just nuts to me. I know the PR hit would be massive for not taking him, but for a team to dole out their biggest contract to a player who has never pitched in the majors? Lunacy IMO.

No chance he gets anywhere near that, trust me.

Yeah I edited it to be 30-50...I know how incredible he's been and I know how great of a ceiling he has, but Wieters received what, $8 million? What makes Strasburg worthy of four times that? A fancy piece on Baseball Tonight?

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
bballcardkid said:
I should make a contest question about this. I say $16 million does it.

Still a ton the way I see it, but with what's being floated around, that's certainly more reasonable. The Nats would have to take him at that point, or risk having 300 people showing up for their games.

Latest posts