Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would You Jump Strasburg Straight to the Majors?

Should Strasburg Bypass the Minors?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
numba1yankeefan said:
Jaypers said:
Here's an article from MLB.com on this subject.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... p&c_id=mlb

Vote above.

if your ready for the majors you are ready imo

And if you aren't ready, then you aren't? That's rather redundant.

Personally, I think the Nats need all the help they can get and should bring him up straight to the MLB. It all depends on what team is in that position. If it was the Red Sox, I wouldn't call him up right away.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
No. we have the minors for a reason, no matter how amazing you are.

Let him start in AA and prove himself while he get's his innings. Then, re-evaluate him and bring him up if its worthy.

Why should the Nationals, who aren't close to contending in any near future, potentially waste or hurt Strasburgs future?

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
coltsfan23 said:
numba1yankeefan said:
Jaypers said:

Vote above.

Personally, I think the Nats need all the help they can get and should bring him up straight to the MLB. It all depends on what team is in that position. If it was the Red Sox, I wouldn't call him up right away.

I meant that if the nats feel he can't get any better than he already is and cant improve then put him in the majors. if they feel he still has a few things to work on let him work them out in the minors

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
numba1yankeefan said:
coltsfan23 said:
numba1yankeefan said:
Jaypers said:

Vote above.

I meant that if the nats feel he can't get any better than he already is and cant improve then put him in the majors. if they feel he still has a few things to work on let him work them out in the minors

Well, obviously... That's why the pole question asked what YOU would do or what YOU think the Nats should do. Not present two different situations.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
Having seen him pitched and a lot of the teams he's faced I don't think it would be a good idea. He's an amazing pitcher, but his stats are a little inflated from the conference he plays in. He has handled good college hitters well, but I don't think he is ready to tackle Major Leaguers yet.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
coltsfan23 said:
numba1yankeefan said:
coltsfan23 said:
numba1yankeefan said:
Jaypers said:

Vote above.

Well, obviously... That's why the pole question asked what YOU would do or what YOU think the Nats should do. Not present two different situations.

good point, lol.....havent watched him enough to answer this

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Since the Nats will be 40+ games out when they get him, just send him to AA for the end of the year and let him make the team out of ST in 2010...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Food for thought. I think it's safe to assume Boras will demand a Major League contract for him, meaning he would spend a minimal amount of time in the minors regardless.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
No.

Nationals don't need to rush him. What would they be rushing him for? Salvaging a 100 loss season to a 95 loss season?

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
Jaypers said:
Food for thought. I think it's safe to assume Boras will demand a Major League contract for him, meaning he would spend a minimal amount of time in the minors regardless.

That's a given, but I think it is in the Nats best interest to let him ride out the rest of the season out in the minors. More than likely AA would be the best fit in order to fast track him to DC.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
I think if Washington is smart they will have him pitch this season simply to cash in on the hype and generate some income through ticket sales and merchandise - they need to generate some excitement and optimism in that organization. But beyond that he does need to spend a little time in AA & AAA working on his change-up. It's going to be his third pitch and as nasty as his FB and CB are, Big League hitters will catch up to it - not that he can't be effective right now, but they need to take a little time and refine things just a bit - throwing 98 mph heat by a Sophomore at Air Force is going to be different than matching up with Albert Pujols.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Of course. Why wouldnt they? He will sign for $120 Mil and they gotta put him to work right away. Could you imagine what his UD USA stuff would do if he goes 12-0 with a no hitter against big league hitters??? :shock: Makes me wanna pick up 2-3 autos just in case.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
If the Nats are smart they will monitor how many pitches he throws between now and the end of his season and decide if he should pitch very much at all. You have to be careful with college arms...
HS arms are even worse really though, like I said just let him throw in AA after he signs and let him make the team out of ST next year.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
If you're smart you'll help him develop further in the minors, even if its just for a little bit. I beleive a straight to the majors approach could devistate him an or his confidence.

Its a huge gamble, but I say the safe bet is to let Strasburg get comfertable in the minors before throwing him into the MLB

Members online

Latest posts