Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Cubs' Offense...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
The Cubs have scored a total of 3 runs in the past 5 games. The pitching staff has given up an average of 3 runs during that span yet they are 0-5. Being a big Cubs fan it is hard for me to say this, but I think that the offense might be growing a little too old. Guys like Ramirez and Lee get injured too often. Yes we have up-and-coming guys like Hoffpauir, Theriot, and Vitters, but I really don't know how the Cubs are going to do in the future. I am not bashing the Cubs as I love them, but I am kinda worried. Thoughts?

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Losing Ramirez hurts, but this is his only medium to long term injury that he has suffered with the Cubs. I'm more disappointed in Derek Lee's performance than anything, especially the past 2-3 years.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I can fully understand this sentiment being an Astros fan (as we kinda have the same dillema)! Our offense, for the most part, is on the back side of it's prime...At least the Cubs have some decent offensive talent up (Hoffpauir) or headed that way in the future (Vitters), as the Astros have...Castro, Bogusevic, Chris Johnson.... :| Not bad but not too good either! ::facepalm::

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
I can fully understand this sentiment being an Astros fan (as we kinda have the same dillema)! Our offense, for the most part, is on the back side of it's prime...At least the Cubs have some decent offensive talent up (Hoffpauir) or headed that way in the future (Vitters), as the Astros have...Castro, Bogusevic, Chris Johnson.... :| Not bad but not too good either! ::facepalm::

Pence is solid.

mmorgan

Aug 11, 2008
CT
The offence has been non-existant. Even missing Ramirez doesn't make up for the lack of offence. It has been a tough couple weeks being a Cubs fan, they just haven't been clicking.

Latest posts