Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A decent auto and gu mailday...........wink, wink...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
I'm a big Gibson fan and love the royalty autos, they're a pretty tough pull...

Gibsonsportroyaltyauto.jpg

Then there is THE card I at one point I told myself I'd consider stopping collecting if I ever got....yep you know deep down whats coming...
There is a faint second pinstripe on the left, which is more noticable in person as well as the narly seam. There are threads running through the seam as well. Sorry for the bad scan but the damn bgs holder makes it tough to scan (or possibly my scanner is crap).....anyhow, I know its safe in the bgs holder, but something makes me want to break it out and touch the jersey. Enjoy...
Ruthjumbo.jpg

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
holy :eek: . Definitely the nicest card posted here in a long time. Absolutely love it, and beyond jealous

Zach

mmorgan

Aug 11, 2008
CT
Great looking Ruth jersey!!!!

I don't know if I would consider stopping collecting if I could ever afford one but I definitely tone it down for a while.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
some guys have all the luck...

...but I am not at all bitter...

:D Congrats bro!

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW
One of the most sought-after cards ever. Nice pickup, bet it wasn't cheap. I've got to see that puppy in person one of these days.

Anthony

Pool Boy

Dec 20, 2008
Really a sweet card Steve. Congratulations on the pickup. Tremendous. What kinda BGS holder is it? Graded? Authentic?

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
wideright said:
Whoa. Going for the big guns!! Incredible piece, steve-o. Time to sell some Ult Sigs ;)

No doubt...

Dan, have a few to get on my list....

Shanks, I know the majority of the excitement is really for the gibson...

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Elaborate please sir...may be able to help when i get to the shop later this week

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
MojoDan said:
Elaborate please sir...may be able to help when i get to the shop later this week

A nice Gehrig has been at the top of my wantlist for a long time. Ever since my grandmother passed from ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) I've had a newfound him and respect for the situation he was in when and just before he passed the speech, the whole nine yards...They actually aren't that tough to find, on ebay at least. Just waiting for the right one at the right price. Several of the sweet spot jerseys are nice and have some form of seam stitching etc, which you know I like, but the premier triple and quads get the most jersey for the money. Just waiting...

Also looking for a Mathewson...

Latest posts