Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which of these alleged PED users will make the HOF

Which of these alleged PED users will make the Hall Of Fame

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
pujolsjunkie said:
Bonds, Clemens and Pudge are all in guys. There is zero doubt.

I'm not certain Bonds makes it if McGwire didn't or can't. Clemens has the best shot in my opinion, he tried to deny it the hardest, which will gain him votes. I-Rod has never been officially linked, besides Canseco, so he's in IMO...

rookierolodex

Sep 17, 2008
Bonds was a HOF before he started juicing he was a 400/400 guy and maybe even a 500/500 guy without doing steroids, so Bonds gets in regardless.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Since the HOF is now a joke and only still around to generate profit and interest in a nationally dying sport, im sure given enough time, that all of the above will "get in"

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
pujolsjunkie said:

I'm not certain Bonds makes it if McGwire didn't or can't. Clemens has the best shot in my opinion, he tried to deny it the hardest, which will gain him votes. I-Rod has never been officially linked, besides Canseco, so he's in IMO...

I always love this argument/comparison.

Now, do me a favor...show me how Bonds stats compare to McGwire's and then let's discuss if these two should be viewed in similar light.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
200lbhockeyplayer said:
sportscardtheory said:
pujolsjunkie said:

Now, do me a favor...show me how Bonds stats compare to McGwire's and then let's discuss if these two should be viewed in similar light.

Who's comparing stats... they were both juicers, and to think that doesn't affect voting is either blind or bias.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
sportscardtheory said:
pujolsjunkie said:

Who's comparing stats... they were both juicers, and to think that doesn't affect voting is either blind or bias.

Interesting.

You claim that due to McGwire's trouble getting in, it will affect Bonds' chances of getting in...to me that implies that voters will look at the two in similar light. Of course, taking a single trick pony like McGwire's whose sole claim to fame was perhaps solely steroid driven and lumping him together with a 5-tool (perhaps 6-tool if you consider his attitude) player like Bonds is clownish.

In a stretch, that's like saying that Ryan Franklin will have trouble getting in due to steroids, therefore it will be tougher for Roger Clemens. Obviously, it would have nothing to do with the fact that Franklin isn't half the player that Clemens was, nor was McGwire half the player than Bonds was.

HOF voters love a good grudge, but they can process stats and skill level.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Ivan Rodriguez will all be first ballot

Bonds, weather jucied or not is the best hitter of all time.
Roger clemens is the best pitcher of his generation
pudge is the best defensive catcher ever. He is also not known for his hitting so the juice (weather true or not) doesnt have as much affect on him as your typical power hitter.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
200lbhockeyplayer said:
sportscardtheory said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
sportscardtheory said:
pujolsjunkie said:

Interesting.

You claim that due to McGwire's trouble getting in, it will affect Bonds' chances of getting in...to me that implies that voters will look at the two in similar light. Of course, taking a single trick pony like McGwire's whose sole claim to fame was perhaps solely steroid driven and lumping him together with a 5-tool (perhaps 6-tool if you consider his attitude) player like Bonds is clownish.

In a stretch, that's like saying that Ryan Franklin will have trouble getting in due to steroids, therefore it will be tougher for Roger Clemens. Obviously, it would have nothing to do with the fact that Franklin isn't half the player that Clemens was, nor was McGwire half the player than Bonds was.

HOF voters love a good grudge, but they can process stats and skill level.

In essence, you're saying McGwire would not have made it in, even if he had not admitted or been suspected of PED's? I was comparing two "most likely" Hall Of Famers in Bonds and McGwire, not Ryan Franklin and Roger Clemens... the link is the Hall worthiness of Bonds and McGwire. If you don't think McGwire was Hall worthy before known steroid use, then that is a totally different argument.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
cgilmo said:
much like greenies in the 70's, in 5 or so years, none of this will matter

I just do not see the comparison. 'Greenies' was/is a footnote of that time where as steroids had defined this generation. However, everything is perspective so you could be right. Just, I would not bet on it. That being said, Giambi, if ever he put up HOF carear numbers, would be embraced in to the HOF despite using. It's odd to me how he has all but shaken completely the stigma of the scarlet letter..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts