Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My biggest win ever happend tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Brett Keith said:
sportscardtheory said:
[quote="Brett Keith":2yovwxlr]
stevezimmer22 said:
[quote="Brett Keith":2yovwxlr]It's impossible that you'll ever lose as much as I did on my biggest purchase, so it's a winner.
What was that?

Jim Thorpe cut autograph, just sold it.

Wait, why did you sell it at a loss?[/quote:2yovwxlr]

Because I couldn't sell it any other way. :lol:[/quote:2yovwxlr]

I would have waited years to sell it at a profit... but I am VERY patient when it comes to eBay selling. :)

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
sportscardtheory said:
Brett Keith said:
sportscardtheory said:
[quote="Brett Keith":nboioakc]
stevezimmer22 said:
[quote="Brett Keith":nboioakc]It's impossible that you'll ever lose as much as I did on my biggest purchase, so it's a winner.
What was that?

Jim Thorpe cut autograph, just sold it.

Wait, why did you sell it at a loss?

Because I couldn't sell it any other way. :lol:[/quote:nboioakc]

I would have waited years to sell it at a profit... but I am VERY patient when it comes to eBay selling. :)[/quote:nboioakc]

I am not that patient, plus the amount of success I've had buying/selling this past year or so(the Thorpe aside obviously), made it easier to take the loss, and hopefully I'll be able to use what I did get for it to make more. Plus I got sick of having it around, taunting me.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
350 for Cabrera?

I think that was a mistake, I wouldn't have paid 80 for that card...then again I have no idea what it normally sells for. He's a year or so from bottoming out and giving up. Expect the card to go for a tenth of that in 3 or 4 years...Injuries/cockyness equals BAD investment

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
350 for Cabrera?

I think that was a mistake, I wouldn't have paid 80 for that card...then again I have no idea what it normally sells for. He's a year or so from bottoming out and giving up. Expect the card to go for a tenth of that in 3 or 4 years...Injuries/cockyness equals BAD investment

???? wait a second what haha, this card sold regularly for 500 plus at the start of the season and in the off season sells for this and more....and as for your philosophy about injuries and cockyness, how about 26 years old, already has a WS ring and by the end of the year will already have 200 homeruns..

and to the OP, sweet buy i had it on my watch list and really wanted to bid, especially for that price but did not have the paypal at the time unfortunately

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
wolfmanalfredo said:
350 for Cabrera?

Have to agree here. But all that counts is that your happy with it. Otherwise sick pickup!

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
ccolwell said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
350 for Cabrera?

Have to agree here.

so its a bad buy even though he could sell it for a 200 dollar profit when cabrera is healthy?

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
KOBEARODLT said:
ccolwell said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
350 for Cabrera?

Have to agree here.

so its a bad buy even though he could sell it for a 200 dollar profit when cabrera is healthy?

If I am going to spend $350 on a card it would strictly be for PC. The OP does not mention that this is strictly an investment or PC. However what counts is that he is happy with it.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
ccolwell said:
KOBEARODLT said:
ccolwell said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
350 for Cabrera?

Have to agree here.

If I am going to spend $350 on a card it would strictly be for PC. The OP does not mention that this is strictly an investment or PC. However what counts is that he is happy with it.

Agree on both points. Although I wouldn't make the purchase myself, I've made my own purchases that many in the community wouldn't agree with. Its been 5 or 6 years since I've paid that much for a non-vintage. Modern era cards are getting expensive, and its too bad kids nowadays are approaching cards as an investment opportunity as apposed to a collectible hobby

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
wolfmanalfredo said:
350 for Cabrera?

agree as well, Cabrera is gonna go down hill in the next few years, IMO

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
wolfmanalfredo said:
ccolwell said:
KOBEARODLT said:
ccolwell said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
350 for Cabrera?

Have to agree here.

Agree on both points. Although I wouldn't make the purchase myself, I've made my own purchases that many in the community wouldn't agree with. Its been 5 or 6 years since I've paid that much for a non-vintage. Modern era cards are getting expensive, and its too bad kids nowadays are approaching cards as an investment opportunity as apposed to a collectible hobby

You have been thanked for the bold statement!

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
ccolwell said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
ccolwell said:
KOBEARODLT said:
ccolwell said:
[quote="wolfmanalfredo":uy2nto7l]350 for Cabrera?

Have to agree here.

You have been thanked for the bold statement![/quote:uy2nto7l]

Which kids are these? Isn't this hobby mostly just guys in their late twenties and up?

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
George K said:
ccolwell said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
ccolwell said:
KOBEARODLT said:
[quote="ccolwell":2qjtqllv][quote="wolfmanalfredo":2qjtqllv]350 for Cabrera?

Have to agree here.

You have been thanked for the bold statement![/quote:2qjtqllv]

Which kids are these? Isn't this hobby mostly just guys in their late twenties and up?[/quote:2qjtqllv]

Most likely the majority are about 28ish and up but he's right. Too many people worry about a future return. If you collect collectibles with the sub-conscience or even conscience expectation of future financial gain then you're robbing yourself of the simple joy of getting a nice card for your PC.

OP, good buy, enjoy that card.

Members online

Latest posts