Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gordon Beckham gold auto ends at 267..and it was PSA 10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Re: Gordob Beckham gold auto ends at 267

kentuckyderby said:
A completed auction ---

Gordon Beckham Bowman /50 gold auto

PSA 10

just ended -- about $267

great price for a PSA 10 auto or are PSA 10 cards frowned upon here?

Not frowned upon, but a lot of PSA 10's seem to have previously been BGS 9.5 rejects.

iphoner111

Aug 31, 2008

it should have sold for more but hes batting 114 so why would someone list

Legit Investments

Sep 1, 2008
Michigan

iphoner111 said:
it should have sold for more but hes batting 114 so why would someone list
Believe it or not sometimes people have to list for personal reasons, or the guy could have made a mistake who knows.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY

very nice price

did waxpackcity guy buy it so that he can put it up for $425 and state that it's a steal and that it sold for $900 previously?

dave

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

Beckham needs to head back to AAA ball and get his swing. Getting beaten up in the MLB isn't what you do to your supposed "Top Prospect."

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008

200lbhockeyplayer said:
Beckham needs to head back to AAA ball and get his swing. Getting beaten up in the MLB isn't what you do to your supposed "Top Prospect."

Beckham has 2 doubles and 4 RBI in his last 2 games. He has put a lot of balls in play (only 5ks in 35 ABs) just been getting unlucky.

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008

daveyou said:
very nice price

did waxpackcity guy buy it so that he can put it up for $425 and state that it's a steal and that it sold for $900 previously?

dave

ha ha funny... suckers still fall for his buy it nows though just look at his feedback

southeastjerome

Aug 8, 2008

nikateen said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Beckham has 2 doubles and 4 RBI in his last 2 games. He has put a lot of balls in play (only 5ks in 35 ABs) just been getting unlucky.

+1 and yes PSA 10s are much easier to get than BGS 9.5s on chrome so many people will not pay a heavy premium from what i have seen

Also saw that another beckham PSA 10 gold sold for 285 dlvd when he was raking in AAA and that live auction closed about 2 weeks ago. So for the card to get 270 when he is struggling avg wise is a decent price and on top of that the seller only had 13 feedback which could have hurt his sale.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008

lkk116 said:
daveyou said:
very nice price

dave

ha ha funny... suckers still fall for his buy it nows though just look at his feedback
Drives me nuts, but he actually has a lot that are at market value. I've made some good money off him with instant flips.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area

mredsox89 said:
kentuckyderby said:
A completed auction ---

PSA 10

just ended -- about $267

Not frowned upon, but a lot of PSA 10's seem to have previously been BGS 9.5 rejects.

Yeah, and many BGS 9.5's were previously PSA 9's.....

To me, it is sheerly based on the fact the Beckham has struggled since this call up.

skrip

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008

nikateen said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Most of his outs seem to be pop outs, though. I don't remember too many hard hit line drives or grounders except for one 400-foot jack to straight center that Mike Cameron caught at the fence.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008

mredsox89 said:
kentuckyderby said:
A completed auction ---

PSA 10

just ended -- about $267

+ probaby an equal # of psa 9s + psa 10s crossover to bgs 9.5s, so not sure that theory holds true any longer, at least not in my experience

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

you can bet your last dollar on it.

daveyou said:
very nice price

dave

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Timing is everything, I threw a base auto up after he got his first few hits and it went for close to $10 higher than any sold in the past 30 days. That being said, this one was listed at the wrong time. I still have a few base autos and a refractor I'm holding until a possible hot streak, whether back in the minors or MLB.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
Hopefully the seller gets paid. I sold 4 Beckham cards last week and I was only paid for 1 of the cards. I had to file UPI against two different users who bought the other 3 from me.

Latest posts