Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yikes...Rollins the leadins all-star vote getter for NL SS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
::facepalm::

I'm hoping someone else surges past him. I'm not a big Hanley fan, but he deserves it a lot more the Rollins.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
This isn't too surprising considering the Phillies won the World Series. Hopefully Hanley passes him as he should probably be the NL starter.

Alex

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
I agree Hanley should start, but look out for Tulo heating up

im sorry but if tulo is on the team that is sad, hes been doing awful this year

You may want to check his last 12 games and his defensive statistics. There is no denying that April and May were not great, but since Tracy has taken over Tulo is on a tear.

Hanley should be the starting SS and hopefully the voters take over, but if they take 2 NL SS's then Tulo would be a very good possibility.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
Mighty Bombjack said:

You may want to check his last 12 games and his defensive statistics. There is no denying that April and May were not great, but since Tracy has taken over Tulo is on a tear.

Hanley should be the starting SS and hopefully the voters take over, but if they take 2 NL SS's then Tulo would be a very good possibility.

12 games dont mean jack

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm a HUGE Rollins fan and I agree Tulo is better than Rollins this year.

That doesn't warrant Tulo an AS appearance.

Hanley should be starting and, at this point, either Tejada, Escobar, or Guzman should be the reserve. Although either of them would be a solid reserve for the AS team.

Mighty Bombjack said:
KOBEARODLT said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":2pvbplvt]I agree Hanley should start, but look out for Tulo heating up

His stats are better than Rollins' across the board[/quote:2pvbplvt]

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
markakis8 said:
I'm a HUGE Rollins fan and I agree Tulo is better than Rollins this year.

That doesn't warrant Tulo an AS appearance.

Hanley should be starting and, at this point, either Tejada, Escobar, or Guzman should be the reserve. Although either of them would be a solid reserve for the AS team.

Mighty Bombjack said:
KOBEARODLT said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":1djup4v9]I agree Hanley should start, but look out for Tulo heating up

His stats are better than Rollins' across the board
[/quote:1djup4v9]

agree

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, Tulo has LESS THAN zero chance of making the All-Star team.

Adamsince1981 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
Mighty Bombjack said:

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
Adamsince1981 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
Mighty Bombjack said:

12 games dont mean jack

What does 10 HR's, 27 RBI, 9 SB's and a .989 F% mean??? He is on pace for 26 homers, 23 SB's, and the Gold Glove...he hit .327 on a bad hammy after the all-star break last year. He is a slow starter for sure, but he is right there now.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know about less than zero, I would say zero.

But us Rockies fans haven't had much to brag about until a few weeks ago. Tulo is 11-for-30 with 4 HRs in the last 10 games. Relevant to the All-Star game? Nope. I just like the numbers.

I also agree that Tejada deserves props this year.

markakis8 said:
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, Tulo has LESS THAN zero chance of making the All-Star team.

Adamsince1981 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
Mighty Bombjack said:

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:

Adamsince1981 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
Mighty Bombjack said:

I hate to bring you back to the 6th grade but there is no such thing as "less than ZERO chance."

Just because I'm a Tulo fan and I posted about Rollins not deserving 1st place doesn't mean I'm being a Tulo homer. I've already stated that Hanley should be starting. I'm simply saying that if Tulo's next 12 games are like his last, then he could get heavy consideration as a back up if they take 2 SS's.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
You know what? I will take "less than" back. B/c by some miracle, Varitek made it as a reserve last year. :lol: I guess there is still some slim hope for Tulo fans ;)

Mighty Bombjack said:

But us Rockies fans haven't had much to brag about until a few weeks ago. Tulo is 11-for-30 with 4 HRs in the last 10 games. Relevant to the All-Star game? Nope. I just like the numbers.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
You know what? I will take "less than" back. B/c by some miracle, Varitek made it as a reserve last year. :lol: I guess there is still some slim hope for Tulo fans ;)

Mighty Bombjack said:

That is basically it, as a fan, I'm holding out some slim hope that he relieves Hanley at the All-Star game.

When do the coaches announce the final rosters?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
C'mon...you really didn't think I literally meant "less than zero" did you? Don't let your love for Tulo cloud your intelligence.

You are a true "Tulo homer" in this sense. His last 12 games means absolute crap for an AS appearance, especially the way Tulo has been hitting ALL year. Especially when there are three, if not four (if you count Ryan Theriot), SS that have been TWO TIMES better than Tulo!

I'm a homer myself. I still vote for Adam Jones and Nick Markakis for the AS game, I can admit that. But with their recent massive slumps, only one is going to make it. That is just reality. You need to face it too.

Adamsince1981 said:
I hate to bring you back to the 6th grade but there is no such thing as "less than ZERO chance."

Just because I'm a Tulo fan and I posted about Rollins not deserving 1st place doesn't mean I'm being a Tulo homer. I've already stated that Hanley should be starting. I'm simply saying that if Tulo's next 12 games are like his last, then he could get heavy consideration as a back up if they take 2 SS's.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
C'mon...you really didn't think I literally meant "less than zero" did you? Don't let your love for Tulo cloud your intelligence.

You are a true "Tulo homer" in this sense. His last 12 games means absolute crap for an AS appearance, especially the way Tulo has been hitting ALL year. Especially when there are three, if not four (if you count Ryan Theriot), SS that have been TWO TIMES better than Tulo!

I'm a homer myself. I still vote for Adam Jones and Nick Markakis for the AS game, I can admit that. But with their recent massive slumps, only one is going to make it. That is just reality. You need to face it too.

Adamsince1981 said:

I wish someone else would have posted this...I'm a Tulo homer because I mentioned his recent tear and that there is a chance.

Reyes7tulo2

Aug 8, 2008
markakis8 said:

Adamsince1981 said:

Why in the world would you count Ryan Theriot over Tulo? A lot of the time the stars get voted in even if their performance isn't up to par with some other guys. That's just the way voting goes. Even Cubs fans would rather see Tulowitzki out there in the AS game over Ryan Theriot.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
b/c Theriot pretty much matches Tulo offensively stat for stat except for HR and AVG. Tulo has the edge in HR and Theriot has the edge in AVG by almost 30 points. Add the flavor of Cub fans and your get your popular vote.

reyes7castillo1 said:
Why in the world would you count Ryan Theriot over Tulo? A lot of the time the stars get voted in even if their performance isn't up to par with some other guys. That's just the way voting goes. Even Cubs fans would rather see Tulowitzki out there in the AS game over Ryan Theriot.

Members online

Latest posts