Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fernando Nieve ~ this year's Edinson Volquez?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
3-0 already with a 1.31 ERA in 20 + innings. That is only 3 earned runs in 20 innings......a guy I never heard of. I had to look up his stuff on ebay to even put a face with the name :lol: :lol: His stuff is very cheap right now (rightfully so) could make for a quick flip.....anyone have any of his stuff or know anything about the guy?

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
3-0 already with a 1.31 ERA in 20 + innings. That is only 3 earned runs in 20 innings......a guy I never heard of. I had to look up his stuff on ebay to even put a face with the name :lol: :lol: His stuff is very cheap right now (rightfully so) could make for a quick flip.....anyone have any of his stuff or know anything about the guy?

Derek2011 had a HUGE stash of him back in the day.

Derek2011

Aug 7, 2008
Bainbridge,PA
Ian Stewart said:
EricInCT said:

Still do....Eric bought some up tonite. But still have a bunch. 23 SPx just went up fixed listing tonite. I know I have some real low numbered elite autos around here somewhere too. Ive always liked Nieve, then injuries came and Houston dicked around with him in the pen too much. Glad he got a chance again.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Derek2011 said:
Ian Stewart said:
EricInCT said:

Still do....Eric bought some up tonite. But still have a bunch. 23 SPx just went up fixed listing tonite. I know I have some real low numbered elite autos around here somewhere too. Ive always liked Nieve, then injuries came and Houston dicked around with him in the pen too much. Glad he got a chance again.

You have a PM :D

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
Nieve does look good, but unfortunetly in 2 weeks, OP and maine will probably be back in the rotation, i wouldn't mind to see Nieve's 97 MPH Fastball in the bullpen though

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
thegreathambino said:
Nieve does look good, but unfortunetly in 2 weeks, OP and maine will probably be back in the rotation, i wouldn't mind to see Nieve's 97 MPH Fastball in the bullpen though

The rest of the NL is glad that OP will be back in the rotation.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
thegreathambino said:

I wouldn't count on it the way Mets get injured ::facepalm::

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
EricInCT said:
thegreathambino said:

I wouldn't count on it the way Mets get injured ::facepalm::
i know, its so frustrating

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i cant see why OPerez would get another start. his LAST start for St Lucie (A ball kids, btw) was an ugly outing, going three innings, allowing six runs to score.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
ThoseBackPages said:
i cant see why OPerez would get another start. his LAST start for St Lucie (A ball kids, btw) was an ugly outing, going three innings, allowing six runs to score.

Perez or Redding will go to the bullpen if he continues to dominate the next 2 starts.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
He's a former Astros farmhand. He played a lot in 06 but injuries kept him from reaching his potential. I have 5 or 6 2004 Rookie Autographs I'd be willing to deal. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
ThoseBackPages said:
u know why they're put OP back in the rotation, because they're not gonna just give up on the guy they just signed a huge contract with

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
thegreathambino said:
ThoseBackPages said:
u know why they're put OP back in the rotation, because they're not gonna just give up on the guy they just signed a huge contract with

Redding will be in the pen and Nieve will be in the rotation.....or he can wait a few weeks until someone pulls/breaks/tears/strains/sprains/hyperextends/twists/fractures something.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts