Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Way to Buy a Mickey Mantle Auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
Hey guys, a group of friends and I are looking to buy a Mickey Mantle auto for another friend, but we're not really sure what sites are trust worthy, so I thought I'd see if anyone else has bought a high end auto like Mantle from an on-line store. We're looking for anything in the $200-$500 range. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Adam G

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
sportscardtheory said:
http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=mick*+mant*+au*+psa*&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&LH_PrefLoc=2&LH_IncludeSIF=1&_odkw=mick*+mant*+au*&_osacat=0

I have some reservations about ebay "PSA" items. I've read too many stories about all the ways PSA can be faked.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I would search through ebay for James Spence Authenticated items.....are you looking for a photo, memorabilia, or a card????

If looking for a card, PM me, I have something that might work for you...

Thanks
TK

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
scan0003.jpg

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
KOBEARODLT said:

Very nice. I realize PSA is probably the most reputable source for auto authentication, how confident are most collectors when it comes to buying PSA stuff off ebay?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Adam G said:
tonsofcommons said:
With money? :^)

might work, but i've also got a sack full of laser cats i've been meaning to trade for something
I wouldn't trade one laser cat for a Mantle autograph, let alone a sack full of them.

Those cats are bad ass!

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Adam G said:
tonsofcommons said:
With money? :^)

might work, but i've also got a sack full of laser cats i've been meaning to trade for something
I wouldn't trade one laser cat for a Mantle autograph, let alone a sack full of them.

Those cats are bad ass!

yeah, but they're a nuisance when they get angry or want to be fed.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Bottom line is there is no "best way".

The Mick is one of the most forged auto's in the business and the masters of the trade have been doing it since the 70's. I do not care what you buy or who you buy it from, there is a real chance it's fake. Having said that, a '94 Upper Deck Mantle/Griffey auto is without question one of the nicer ones out there and although faked as well, the real ones can be located and assured as real.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
kdailey4315 said:
blitzerlover said:

I saw that one on eBay. It says auto grade only. DOes that mean that only the auto is a PSA 9 or is the whole card a Mint 9?
does the card look like a nine to you. but yes the auto is a psa 9 the card would be like a psa4

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Although the 94 UD is a very nice card and one of the nicest cards from the 90's, as stated before, the card is forged quite regularly. I would go with the one I have below or something from 91 Score so maybe your friend can someday put that auto set together.

5.jpg

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
cbrandtw said:
Although the 94 UD is a very nice card and one of the nicest cards from the 90's, as stated before, the card is forged quite regularly. I would go with the one I have below or something from 91 Score so maybe your friend can someday put that auto set together.

5.jpg

I agree, I would also suggest going with an already certified Mantle auto card by one of the big companies like Upper Deck. The card you posted is the specific one I would try to corner if I was in the market for a Mantle auto. No faking that one.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
sportscardtheory said:
cbrandtw said:

5.jpg

I agree, I would also suggest going with an already certified Mantle auto card by one of the big companies like Upper Deck. The card you posted is the specific one I would try to corner if I was in the market for a Mantle auto. No faking that one.

What would one of those run me? Any idea?

Members online

Latest posts