Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are the worst (or funniest) trades you have ever made??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corndog23

Mar 22, 2009
Just curious to see what kind of bad or funny trades have been made. Last week I traded a 2 piece Shaq jersey card for a subway sandwich...How bout the rest of you?

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
several years ago I traded a michael jordan insert for a nintendo 64 and 15 games... I than traded the nintendo 64 back to the same guy for 5 boxes of fleer metal... he then gave me the 64 for my bday lol

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
As a kid, 14 years old, I traded with an adult, shop owner a Jim Brown (yes, the Jim Brown) ROOKIE card for a set of 1987 Fleer. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never will I forget that one.

corndog23

Mar 22, 2009
cbrandtw said:
As a kid, 14 years old, I traded with an adult, shop owner a Jim Brown (yes, the Jim Brown) ROOKIE card for a set of 1987 Fleer. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never will I forget that one.
That one burns. :lol:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I traded a couple Chris Capuano #'d inserts to some sucker for poker money once.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
As a kid in 1989 I traded a newly pulled Griffey UD rc (had no idea who he was) for a puzzle piece from Donruss (I was trying to complete the puzzle) ::facepalm:: . I ended up trading the kid back for the Griffey a couple months later, but I had to give up a lot more than just the puzzle piece, but a lot more was still probably nothing compared to the Griffey. The Griffey was then stolen a couple years later by my buddy's brother. I couldn't prove it, but I know he took it and I never got it back :( .

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
One of my first online trades was probably one of my worst. I got a 2006 Sweet Spot Stephen Drew auto #d/595 (I think - it was the base one) for 2005 Absolute Randy Johnson Jumbo Jersey #d/10.

mike1870

Nov 3, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
US Dollars for Cardboard pictures of baseball players

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Depending on when the deficit spending decides to catch up to us, the cardboard might be the better option

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
in 2004 i traded a ryan howard bowman's best auto rc for a tom glavine donruss sig series auto. at the time i had no reservations about trading a card of a 25 year old, overweight minor leaguer for a sure fire hof'er ::facepalm::

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
what you talking about Willis?

coleman.jpg

baseballguy350 said:
markakis8 said:
I traded a couple Chris Capuano #'d inserts to some sucker for poker money once.

At least said sucker didn't lose the Capuano's like the sucker lost the poker money!

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
This one was actually made with a current board member when I was just starting out on Beckett.

He got:
Jordan Schafer 2005 Bowman Chrome Draft Blue Refractor (I originally pulled it out of a pack at Walmart, he sold it for $100+)
Jay Bruce 2005 Bowman Chrome Draft
Michael Bowden 2005 Bowman Draft
Clay Buchholz 2005 Bowman Draft
Chris Young 2005 Bowman Chrome Draft FG Refractor

I got:
Bryan Anderson 2005 Bowman Chrome Draft Xfractor
Francisco Liriano 2006 Topps Autograph (Books at $60, probably couldn't sell it for $5)
Billy Butler 2006 BCDP FG
Koby Clemens 2006 BCDP
Some other futures game chrome of a guy I liked (needless to say, I didn't understand the FG concept)..

I might have even traded him some other stuff. I kinda think I did.

rbrownaz

Jun 2, 2009
first online trade- roger maris GU for some no-name bowman draft xfractor and 21 bowman draft base cards.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Winner!

WoundedDuck said:
As a kid in 1989 I traded a newly pulled Griffey UD rc (had no idea who he was) for a puzzle piece from Donruss (I was trying to complete the puzzle) ::facepalm:: . I ended up trading the kid back for the Griffey a couple months later, but I had to give up a lot more than just the puzzle piece, but a lot more was still probably nothing compared to the Griffey. The Griffey was then stolen a couple years later by my buddy's brother. I couldn't prove it, but I know he took it and I never got it back :( .

Members online

Latest posts