Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Completely Unacceptable Topps- UPDATED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Ok, here is a good one for you guys.
So I am an avid collector of Etopps cards (probably my first mistake) and I decided to redeem some of the rewards points that I have accumulated over the years, I get on their website last week right when the catalog hits and as luck would have it, Topps listed a couple of their Topps Hall of Fame autographed baseballs boxes. If you remember when these came out they were selling for $125. Anyway, I get the package from UPS today, no damage to the outside of the box. Open it up to see that the hologram seal has been sliced opened. Ok, no big deal because there is an inner white box with the same seal on it right? Well you guessed it, the same seal sliced open in the same way. I immediately knew it wasn't going to be good. The ball was Red Schoendienst. Now I have no problem with that, because I live in Central Illinois and will have no problem trading it, but the problem is I never even had a shot at the big ones because it was predetermined by someone cherry picking the boxes. Why would Topps search their own products? What do they have to gain from this? Needless to say an email has been sent and I will let you know the results.

UPDATE- I got an email last night with an apology from Etopps customer service. They said that the product was opened internally and it was never meant to be sent out in that condition. They credited my rewards points back to my account and they told me to keep the Schoendienst ball. Very happy with the way they handled this.

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
Re: Completely Unacceptable Topps!!!!!!!!

dude thats weak...hopefully it was just a fluke

i still have a bunch of rewards points waiting to be redeemed too so please let us know how it goes!

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008

i was under the assumption that topps has a third party do this shipping for them. i don't believe topps would open there own product but it is entirely possibly that someone at a third party could have donw this. still pretty crappy either way you look at it.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois

I hope since you have taken the time to make a post that you have already contacted Topps. As stated before, I think they use Tristar?? to fill a lot of their redemptions and it would be important for Topps to find out if someone at Tristar is cherry picking or stealing from them.

At the very least they will probably send you something to take care of it....

TK

Sorry, I see that you have already sent an email....I think they will take care of the problem.

TK

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC

It makes very little sense that Topps would be the one who did it. Why would they cut their own seal? They could have just cherry picked it before hand and then sealed it. They still would probably like to know. Which you've already done.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Nice ending to the situation. What a weird deal by Topps to open them anyway. It makes very little sense considering there's no motivation to open their own stuff. Unless they were planing on just using it in another product down the road.

Members online

Latest posts