Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone know how "Rare" the 04 AFLAC "Player Issue" cards are

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I haven't seen some of these, and I've seen prices all over the place. Anyone know how rare, and I lose that word loosely as many items are listed as rare, these cards actually are?

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Anyboooody? :)

I know I've seen quite a few "For Promotional Use Only" which is found on some of the buyback auto's, but the "Player Issue" is a bit puzzling to me.

Thanks for any help!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
That depends on which player you're talking about.

There were a few that accidently made it into 2004 Bowman AFLAC sets - Austin Jackson, Jeremy Hellickson, Petey Paramore, Buster Posey, just to name a few. Not sure just how rare these are. I just won a Hellickson (my 2nd) last night.

As for Justin Upton's Bowman Originals AFLAC Buyback auto, I believe the serial numbering plays a part. If I'm not mistaken, #s 1-250 and 751-1000 say "For Promotional Use Only", while the middle numbers say "Player Issue". I own two of the latter.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
And you sir get a Thanks for your help. I know I can always count on you. And for what 12-14 years now? :D

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Randy Shields said:
And you sir get a Thanks for your help. I know I can always count on you. And for what 12-14 years now? :D

14 years -- our first contact and business deal was for a box of 1995 SP Top Prospects.

I was just checking my inventory, and discovered the Hellickson AFLAC "error" card I bought a few months ago said "For Promotional Use Only". Paid $300 for it.

Then last night, I won another Hellickson, only this one was stamped "Player Issue". Paid significantly less -- $24.

Both are errors, but which one is more rare, and what's the print run? How weird would it be if it was the latter?

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Jaypers said:
Randy Shields said:

14 years -- our first contact and business deal was for a box of 1995 SP Top Prospects.

I was just checking my inventory, and discovered the Hellickson AFLAC "error" card I bought a few months ago said "For Promotional Use Only". Paid $300 for it.

Then last night, I won another Hellickson, only this one was stamped "Player Issue". Paid significantly less -- $24.

Both are errors, but which one is more rare, and what's the print run? How weird would it be if it was the latter?

Wow, I was off a bit. It has been a loooong time! ;)

And I as well won an Upton Player Issue for $64. I would LOVE it if it was really, really Weird!!

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:

There were a few that accidently made it into 2004 Bowman AFLAC sets - Austin Jackson, Jeremy Hellickson, Petey Paramore, Buster Posey, just to name a few. Not sure just how rare these are. I just won a Hellickson (my 2nd) last night.

As for Justin Upton's Bowman Originals AFLAC Buyback auto, I believe the serial numbering plays a part. If I'm not mistaken, #s 1-250 and 751-1000 say "For Promotional Use Only", while the middle numbers say "Player Issue". I own two of the latter.

Per the Uptons, I have saved about 100 images from ebay to show that 1-500 and 750-1000 were "For Promotional" and 500-750 were "Player Issue" meaning the Player issue is 3x as rare. At least in the case of the Uptons, that is the case.

That doesn't prove anything about Hellicksons, and the others.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Mudcatsfan said:
Jaypers said:

Per the Uptons, I have saved about 100 images from ebay to show that 1-500 and 750-1000 were "For Promotional" and 500-750 were "Player Issue" meaning the Player issue is 3x as rare. At least in the case of the Uptons, that is the case.

That doesn't prove anything about Hellicksons, and the others.

Agree on Upton. I pulled his "Promotional..." buyback from Originals and did some research for awhile and found about the same results.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Any idea on the 2006? I have a Rowell promo. I've asked around and found them to be pretty tough. Only know of one other Rowell.

[ebay:131g04iz]120441435056[/ebay:131g04iz]

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I've been collecting Petey Paramore ever since his first cards came out, and the Aflac that I won is the first one that I've ever seen.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
mrwhitesox30 said:
I've been collecting Petey Paramore ever since his first cards came out, and the Aflac that I won is the first one that I've ever seen.

What year?

Members online

Latest posts