Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's going on with Longo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I can't believe his average is below .300 now. Is his hamstring really affecting him this much? I checked his stats, since May 10:

.244/.348/.397 41 games, 156 ABs, 5 HRs, 19 RBI 44:22 K:BB

What is going on with this guy?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Brett Keith said:
He's 23 and in a slump. He did hit .272 last year.

I like Longo, but he's just coming back down to Earth. He was not going to keep up those sick numbers all year. He just wasn't. Few can sustain those numbers.

Braun went thru a bit of a Sophomore slump, as far as BA. went. All that did was have him finish 3rd in the MVP voting; plus, his power numbers went up. Now Braun is hitting better than his RoY season.

Those two are pretty comparable.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Braun has really impressed me this season. I was wondering if that ROY season was just a fluke (For BA) and if he was going to be a .280 35-45 HR guy.

Well he def showed he can be a .330 30+ HR guy!

Longoria is not healthy. The hammy is still effecting him. No one could keep up the pace he was on early. Remember he had a great post season for a rookie. This is second season and he is already on pace to have more HR's and RBI's then his rookie season. THere is no Sophomore jinx with him. His hammy is hamerping him.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Longoria is not healthy. The hammy is still effecting him. No one could keep up the pace he was on early. Remember he had a great post season for a rookie. This is second season and he is already on pace to have more HR's and RBI's then his rookie season. THere is no Sophomore jinx with him. His hammy is hamerping him.

if i remember correctly he choked in the playoffs?? i could be wrong but thats just what i remember, and back to the question i think he has leveled off to about were he will stay, i never really considered him a "superstar" type player as many people do.

KOBEARODLT said:
Big Mac McGwire said:

if i remember correctly he choked in the playoffs?? i could be wrong but thats just what i remember, and back to the question i think he has leveled off to about were he will stay, i never really considered him a "superstar" type player as many people do.

Choked in the WORLD SERIES you mean. The guy hit a BUNCH of HR"s in the playoffs. Get real buddy. The kid is 23 and already has the make of a 30-40 HR hitting 3B. Guys like that calibur go by the name of Chipper Jones and Arod. Stop being so negative.

And 1 more thing, you were saying how Longoria was the more unathletic out of Upton, Braun, and Hanely? Are you wacked? Do you watch baseball? He is a gold glove calibur hot corner 3B. Braun is a HORRIBLE outfielder. Get off Braun's *******. Upton aint the best outfielder. The best fielder next to Longoria is Hanley.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
KOBEARODLT said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":zu8qjeke]Longoria is not healthy. The hammy is still effecting him. No one could keep up the pace he was on early. Remember he had a great post season for a rookie. This is second season and he is already on pace to have more HR's and RBI's then his rookie season. THere is no Sophomore jinx with him. His hammy is hamerping him.

Choked in the WORLD SERIES you mean. The guy hit a BUNCH of HR"s in the playoffs. Get real buddy. The kid is 23 and already has the make of a 30-40 HR hitting 3B. Guys like that calibur go by the name of Chipper Jones and Arod. Stop being so negative.[/quote:zu8qjeke]

im just posting what i think BUDDY so how about you get real, i knew you were going to get all defensive because its your favorite player in the league today which is half the reason i didnt even want to post it

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
And 1 more thing, you were saying how Longoria was the more unathletic out of Upton, Braun, and Hanely? Are you wacked? Do you watch baseball? He is a gold glove calibur hot corner 3B. Braun is a HORRIBLE outfielder. Get off Braun's *******. Upton aint the best outfielder. The best fielder next to Longoria is Hanley.

Hanley is actually pretty awful at D.

KOBEARODLT said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
KOBEARODLT said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":2dmdxper]Longoria is not healthy. The hammy is still effecting him. No one could keep up the pace he was on early. Remember he had a great post season for a rookie. This is second season and he is already on pace to have more HR's and RBI's then his rookie season. THere is no Sophomore jinx with him. His hammy is hamerping him.

Choked in the WORLD SERIES you mean. The guy hit a BUNCH of HR"s in the playoffs. Get real buddy. The kid is 23 and already has the make of a 30-40 HR hitting 3B. Guys like that calibur go by the name of Chipper Jones and Arod. Stop being so negative.

im just posting what i think BUDDY so how about you get real, i knew you were going to get all defensive because its your favorite player in the league today which is half the reason i didnt even want to post it[/quote:2dmdxper]

all you do is post negative crap. You do. How about i tell you that your Arod jersey even though it looks nice looks horsecrap because he wrote the gayest inscription, Goodbye Yankee Stadium, yea too bad all he hears is boos in that stadium. I bet hes real sad. Majority of your posts are negative. Im not the only member that feels that way. Im not being a dick but some of if not the majority of your points are so wrong it aint funny.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":16bnx91l]And 1 more thing, you were saying how Longoria was the more unathletic out of Upton, Braun, and Hanely? Are you wacked? Do you watch baseball? He is a gold glove calibur hot corner 3B. Braun is a HORRIBLE outfielder. Get off Braun's *******. Upton aint the best outfielder. The best fielder next to Longoria is Hanley.

Hanley is actually pretty awful at D.[/quote:16bnx91l]

agree i love hanley and i will even admit that, so the question to you big mack is DO YOU WATCH BASEBALL? and by the way braun had zero errors last year in outfield so your right that makes him a terrible defender haha

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
KOBEARODLT said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":trq215ik]
KOBEARODLT said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":trq215ik]Longoria is not healthy. The hammy is still effecting him. No one could keep up the pace he was on early. Remember he had a great post season for a rookie. This is second season and he is already on pace to have more HR's and RBI's then his rookie season. THere is no Sophomore jinx with him. His hammy is hamerping him.

im just posting what i think BUDDY so how about you get real, i knew you were going to get all defensive because its your favorite player in the league today which is half the reason i didnt even want to post it[/quote:trq215ik]

all you do is post negative crap. You do. How about i tell you that your Arod jersey even though it looks nice looks horsecrap because he wrote the gayest inscription, Goodbye Yankee Stadium, yea too bad all he hears is boos in that stadium. I bet hes real sad. Majority of your posts are negative. Im not the only member that feels that way. Im not being a dick but some of if not the majority of your points are so wrong it aint funny.[/quote:trq215ik]

and how about i tell you all your IP autographs you bought from a LEGIT dealer are FAKE and im also not the only one that thinks that

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
Ian Stewart said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":1aftna1f]And 1 more thing, you were saying how Longoria was the more unathletic out of Upton, Braun, and Hanely? Are you wacked? Do you watch baseball? He is a gold glove calibur hot corner 3B. Braun is a HORRIBLE outfielder. Get off Braun's *******. Upton aint the best outfielder. The best fielder next to Longoria is Hanley.

agree i love hanley and i will even admit that, so the question to you big mack is DO YOU WATCH BASEBALL? and by the way braun had zero errors last year in outfield so your right that makes him a terrible defender haha[/quote:1aftna1f]

yeah, um, not that I want any part of this back-and-forth, but Braun is far from a HORRIBLE outfielder. I'm not sure how you rank LF'ers, but by any measure, he's pretty good AND getting better.

Now I'm back out.

KOBEARODLT said:
Ian Stewart said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":1fngnovu]And 1 more thing, you were saying how Longoria was the more unathletic out of Upton, Braun, and Hanely? Are you wacked? Do you watch baseball? He is a gold glove calibur hot corner 3B. Braun is a HORRIBLE outfielder. Get off Braun's *******. Upton aint the best outfielder. The best fielder next to Longoria is Hanley.

agree i love hanley and i will even admit that, so the question to you big mack is DO YOU WATCH BASEBALL? and by the way braun had zero errors last year in outfield so your right that makes him a terrible defender haha[/quote:1fngnovu]

if you didnt already get it, that was me doing my best impression of you. Obviously you didnt get it. Attack my IP auto's. it really dampens my day. get real you troll

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
KOBEARODLT said:
[quote="Ian Stewart":14uvd9es][quote="Big Mac McGwire":14uvd9es]And 1 more thing, you were saying how Longoria was the more unathletic out of Upton, Braun, and Hanely? Are you wacked? Do you watch baseball? He is a gold glove calibur hot corner 3B. Braun is a HORRIBLE outfielder. Get off Braun's *******. Upton aint the best outfielder. The best fielder next to Longoria is Hanley.

agree i love hanley and i will even admit that, so the question to you big mack is DO YOU WATCH BASEBALL? and by the way braun had zero errors last year in outfield so your right that makes him a terrible defender haha[/quote:14uvd9es]

if you didnt already get it, that was me doing my best impression of you. Obviously you didnt get it. Attack my IP auto's. it really dampens my day. get real you troll[/quote:14uvd9es]

how am i a troll, you were the one who attacked my arod jersey for no reason, i personally like the inscription and i dont expect everyone to like them, you got all pissed at me for giving my take on a player....so whos the troll

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
I didnt know being an unathletic baseball player made you one of the best defensive 3B in baseball. Im sure Brooks Robinson was unathletic also.

Just about every one of your posts is negative. Your a troll.
Where did he say Longoria was unathletic? I don't see it anywhere.

Members online

Latest posts