Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Price is a bust.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Well I think he got it right, What I mean is he is not to impressive the second
year in the bigs. And granted he was not called up for so long this year. But come on
kid if your up last year and you rock, when you get here again you need to rock again
hopefully he can do just that. But for right now he is a bust.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Jurgy25 said:
What a bad article. Found alot of things I completely disagreed with.
Of course your going to disagree, with what has been wrote, as well as I did.
But you have to think it is only one mans opinion, (Well 2) if you count yours.

And from where I sit yours does not count. :lol:

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
I think there were 2 main things that set Price up for "bust status" in the eyes of the average fantasy baseball fan.

1) The average fan doesn't understand the difference between bullpen performance and starter performance. When Price came out of the pen last year, it was easy to make a few mistakes and not get shelled. As a starter, by the 3rd inning hitters start making you pay. There was no way he was going to post the same ERA he had out of the pen.

2) The hype was too much to begin with. Price never had the talent to be Dwight Gooden Part II (I saw that comparison on multiple occasions), but he does have the stuff to be a Justin Verlander type, just not right away. Too much hype crushes a lot of prospects early in their careers.

I'd say Price is pitching about like I expected him to. He's lost some confidence at times and is failing to go after hitters when he should, but with time he'll learn to trust his stuff and some of the walks will turn into ground outs, and some of them will turn into strike outs. No biggy, just don't expect too much from young guys. 90% of them have to spend their first 18 months in the majors adjusting before they show their true potential.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
onehrk said:
He said he was a fantasy bust, which isn't even really arguable.

This is exactly on the mark. For 2009 fantasy purposes, Price has been a bust. If you're in a keeper league, not as much. But if it's a one year league, then you're not getting near the value expected.

Alex

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
UMich92 said:
onehrk said:
He said he was a fantasy bust, which isn't even really arguable.

This is exactly on the mark. For 2009 fantasy purposes, Price has been a bust. If you're in a keeper league, not as much. But if it's a one year league, then you're not getting near the value expected.

Alex
Like I said
Pine Tar said:
Well I think he got it right, What I mean is he is not to impressive the second
year in the bigs. And granted he was not called up for so long this year. But come on
kid if your up last year and you rock, when you get here again you need to rock again
hopefully he can do just that. But for right now he is a bust.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
"OF -- Michael Taylor, Phillies -- He was so hot in Triple-A our users clamored for him and prompted us to add him to the database"

When did M.Taylor get promoted to AAA? :?

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
When you make Rickey Romero look like a Greg Maddux , your a failure.

Price's only value is in Fantasy baseball is if your in a AL league only.

Members online

Latest posts