Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Special cards of little price guide value…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1manvs1world

Jul 30, 2023
San Diego
I played in a local recreational baseball league here in San Diego for a few years. Got to play with a couple of triple A stars from back in the day and faced Juan Eichelberger & Daniel Boone. I was lucky enough to get a hit off Eichelberger one afternoon and somewhere I have a couple of his cards. Never had the opportunity to get a signature because he didn’t appreciate the fact that I got a hit. Not quite as good a story as yours, but I do appreciate your sharing. ✌🏼

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't have specific cards with any special sentimental value because of who I got them from or how. However, I still very much enjoy regular cards that don't have a lot of catalog or resale value, sometimes as much as an expensive "good" card. A lot of them are just fun cards that looked cool to me. A 1978 Doug Ault will probably always remain fairly high on my list and it's an easy to recall card. Most had great action shots, trophies, all-star/All-Pro banners or were just unique. Maybe a lot of these are tied back to nice childhood memories, because basic cards are almost all but forgotten now days.

Members online

Latest posts