Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When a prospect gets hot, which sells better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
For a guy who has a Donruss Elite auto, then a year or 2 later a Chrome auto comes out, what sells better?

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
The only example I can think of with a large gap (3 yrs), is Hunter Pence. I'm not really sure, but I'd assume in his case, the Chrome sold better. But, in cases like LaPorta and Bumgarner it was definitely the Chrome Autos.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
trademhigh said:
The only example I can think of with a large gap (3 yrs), is Hunter Pence. I'm not really sure, but I'd assume in his case, the Chrome sold better. But, in cases like LaPorta and Bumgarner it was definitely the Chrome Autos.

I have to say that the Sterlings out performed the base Auto's of Both in the case of Laporta and Bum. I know Profits can be made on both But A guy Like Moose is a better example and his Base Elites out sold his Base Chrome Auto's on regular basis.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Weatherwarrior said:
trademhigh said:

I have to say that the Sterlings out performed the base Auto's of Both in the case of Laporta and Bum. I know Profits can be made on both But A guy Like Moose is a better example and his Base Elites out sold his Base Chrome Auto's on regular basis.
He's talking about elites vs chromes. It's undeniable that Chromes have sold better in those two cases. There are more cases, but he was referring to when someone gets hot, which is why I did not mention Moustakas.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
trademhigh said:
Weatherwarrior said:
trademhigh said:

He's talking about elites vs chromes. It's undeniable that Chromes have sold better in those two cases. There are more cases, but he was referring to when someone gets hot, which is why I did not mention Moustakas.

Gotcha. ::facepalm::

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
trademhigh said:
Weatherwarrior said:
trademhigh said:

It's different for different guys. You also have to consider what other cards the player had their first year (when the Elite was released). If the Elite was their only card or their only auto, it's very possible that it will outsell the chrome. If they had multiple first year autos, the later chrome auto might have a better chance because there is more variety of first year autos to choose from which slightly lowers the price of all these first year autos (Higher supply, equal demand).

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
We had a chance for a good example in Pablo Sandoval or Matt Weiters, but those two are going to be either A) flooded with other autos, or B) too hot to ever tell a difference.

As for guys like LaPorta, i think the jury will have to remain out until his actual "Prospect Pop" happens.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
hive17 said:
We had a chance for a good example in Pablo Sandoval or Matt Weiters, but those two are going to be either A) flooded with other autos, or B) too hot to ever tell a difference.

As for guys like LaPorta, i think the jury will have to remain out until his actual "Prospect Pop" happens.

Weiters is a Razor exclusive right?

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
trademhigh said:

Not even close really. The elites far outsold chrome autos. He also had Autographs from 2 other 2004 sets and tons of 06 and 07.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
trevordchi said:
trademhigh said:

Not even close really. The elites far outsold chrome autos. He also had Autographs from 2 other 2004 sets and tons of 06 and 07.
What did he have from 04? Elite, Hot Prospects, and SP?

Members online

Latest posts