Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 Bowman Autographs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
Did these come in packs or as box toppers? Namely regarding the pujols of course, If they come in packs, anyone know the odds?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
In packs. As for the Pujols, it was a redemption, and exactly how many were redeemed, and what happened to the ones that were not, has been the subject of much speculation.

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
Mighty Bombjack said:
In packs. As for the Pujols, it was a redemption, and exactly how many were redeemed, and what happened to the ones that were not, has been the subject of much speculation.

I thought he was only a redemption in bowman chrome

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Just curious... Have there been any examples of fading autographs on any of the 2001 Bowman Chrome Pujols autos?

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
George K said:
Just curious... Have there been any examples of fading autographs on any of the 2001 Bowman Chrome Pujols autos?

Yes, and people have tried and retouch the auto to make it look not so faded....there was a raw sample on ebay not that long ago that was badly faded....

TK

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
are you talking about bowman chrome or this one?

006-1.jpg

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
lkk116 said:
Mighty Bombjack said:

I thought he was only a redemption in bowman chrome

Ah yes, I was confused. Sorry. I don't know about the regular Bowman.

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
I am talking about the regular bowman pictured above, redemption?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
rookies_plus said:
So all the Pujols chrome autos were never inserted into the Bowman Chrome Boxes and only came via a redemption?

Yep, which is why 2001 Chrome boxes, when you can find them, aren't sky high.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I am not so sure that most of them didnt get redeemed....I have looked at POP reports from PSA and BGS, plus the raw copies out there and I believe 90% of the Pujols Chrome RC AUTOs are in circulation...sure you have resubmits that muddy up the numbers, but BGS alone has graded 280 Albert Pujols 01 Chromes alone...

TK

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
pujolsthomefan33 said:
I am not so sure that most of them didnt get redeemed....I have looked at POP reports from PSA and BGS, plus the raw copies out there and I believe 90% of the Pujols Chrome RC AUTOs are in circulation...sure you have resubmits that muddy up the numbers, but BGS alone has graded 280 Albert Pujols 01 Chromes alone...

TK

I would be that 280 submittals = 140 or 150 actual cards......Just my guess

skrip

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
ballerskrip said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

skrip

So add in then about 200 from PSA and and probably another 100 or so raws that havent been graded, and you are at almost 450......

TK

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
pujolsthomefan33 said:
ballerskrip said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

skrip

So add in then about 200 from PSA and and probably another 100 or so raws that havent been graded, and you are at almost 450......

TK

I don't believe there are 100 of these that haven't been slabbed.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I am guessing there are easily 100 that are unslabbed.....maybe some of them used to be slabbed, lol, but there are a lot of people that dont like graded cards and really you see a good 2-3 raws a month pop up ungraded....

TK

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Philip J. Fry said:
http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-cards ... retail-box[/url] ($365 for retail)
http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-cards ... -hobby-box ($600 for hobby)

There's also a hobby box on eBay for auction, currently at $200.[/quote:14g1r2qh]

I certainly haven't been looking, but you don't think they'd be higher than that if you could pull the Pujols auto?

Many a person back on the old BMB came on and asked about snatching up a box that popped on ebay, only to be told that the Pujols was a redemption. That tells me that boxes would be RIDICULOUS if you had a shot. How high, I cannot say.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Mighty Bombjack said:
http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-cards ... retail-box[/url] ($365 for retail)
http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-cards ... -hobby-box ($600 for hobby)

There's also a hobby box on eBay for auction, currently at $200.[/quote:1pbiekz5]

I certainly haven't been looking, but you don't think they'd be higher than that if you could pull the Pujols auto?

Many a person back on the old BMB came on and asked about snatching up a box that popped on ebay, only to be told that the Pujols was a redemption. That tells me that boxes would be RIDICULOUS if you had a shot. How high, I cannot say.[/quote:1pbiekz5]

True. I guess to me that's high for a box, but I understand your point.

Members online