Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael Taylor style mailday ~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
boxbreaker44 said:
Why buy Taylor now?

Because, that's what he does.

The prospect du jour.

I love it how you clowns think you know all the answers :?

If we don't know the answers, then why don't you tell us.

I for one do not see much upside in elite autos /720 at $30, Chrome Refs at $10, Blues at $45 etc. At that point he really has to kick it into another gear and exceed expectations AGAIN to get prices much further up.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/item...fln=1&_sacat=212&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283&_rdc=1

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
EricInCT said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
boxbreaker44 said:
Why buy Taylor now?

The prospect du jour.

huh? That makes no sense, plus it was a joke.

It can be seen that you seem to always be buying the hot prospect of the week, that's all. Don't get all touchy about an observation.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
masonphillip said:
EricInCT said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
boxbreaker44 said:
Why buy Taylor now?

The prospect du jour.

I for one do not see much upside in elite autos /720 at $30, Chrome Refs at $10, Blues at $45 etc. At that point he really has to kick it into another gear and exceed expectations AGAIN to get prices much further up.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/item...fln=1&_sacat=212&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283&_rdc=1

Some clown said the EXACT same thing back when I bought 6 blue Tommy Hansons for $200 back in Feb :lol:

The Michael Taylor contenders I bought last week for $13 is up over $30 in one week. Glad i didn't think "well 13-15 is the ceiling they will never go any higher than that so why buy it".

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
masonphillip said:
EricInCT said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
boxbreaker44 said:
Why buy Taylor now?

The prospect du jour.

Some clown said the EXACT same thing back when I bought 6 blue Tommy Hansons for $200 back in Feb :lol:

The Michael Taylor contenders I bought last week for $13 is up over $30 in one week. Glad i didn't think "well 13-15 is the ceiling they will never go any higher than that so why buy it".

Tommy Hanson is the exception. You buy prospects at what most people think is a peak and you will be beat on a consistent basis.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
masonphillip said:
EricInCT said:
masonphillip said:
EricInCT said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
[quote="boxbreaker44":20trvdsu]Why buy Taylor now?

The prospect du jour.

Tommy Hanson is the exception. You buy prospects at what most people think is a peak and you will be beat on a consistent basis.[/quote:20trvdsu]

I do huh? And you would know this how? Please be specific in your assessement of my buying habits over the past 6 months.

Wait....so you must have thought that Michael Taylor 'peaked' last week when his EEE were selling for 20 and his contenders were selling for 15? I just checked the completed listing the Contenders just sold for $39 dlvd. Do you honestly think Taylor's refractor has peaked at $10? Seriously?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I can understand if I was buying crap (investor-wise) like Posey, Beckham, Stanton, Porcello, etc....cards that clearly have very little room to grow and the buy-in price is very risky, however with me looking for Bergesen, Wells, Peguero, Bell, taylor your comments make no sense.

How about the clowns looking for Longoria, Upton, Bruce?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
EricInCT said:
I can understand if I was buying crap (investor-wise) like Posey, Beckham, Stanton, Porcello, etc....cards that clearly have very little room to grow and the buy-in price is very risky, however with me looking for Bergesen, Wells, Peguero, Bell, taylor your comments make no sense.

How about the clowns looking for Longoria, Upton, Bruce?

I THINK what they are saying is not that you are buying cheaper players, it's that you buy the "hot guy" that week. To each his own. It worked for you for Hanson, and probably will on others also.

I will say though, that there is plenty of money to be made on the big names also that you mentioned. Longoria was high, but people who were buying his chromes at $80, still at LEAST doubled there money on them. I personally don't buy into the high end parallels of expensive guys. Hit or miss like everything else.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
OK, so you buy an Contenders Taylor Auto for $13 (not including shipping) and then re-sell it for $39.

After fees, you make enough to buy yourself lunch at subway w/ a chocolate chip cookie.

Not exactly something to be bragging about, or call everyone clowns for pointing it out. You get very touchy about clear observations.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
NECpilgrims8 said:
OK, so you buy an Contenders Taylor Auto for $13 (not including shipping) and then re-sell it for $39.

After fees, you make enough to buy yourself lunch at subway w/ a chocolate chip cookie.

Not exactly something to be bragging about, or call everyone clowns for pointing it out. You get very touchy about clear observations.

That's not the point ::facepalm::

The point is you are saying I only buy when they are hot......you are insinuating that I am a prospect (though I don't have any silly crap in my sig denoting this) and i only BUY when the prospect is at their PEAK.....this is what I am READING in your comments, betwen the lines and black and white? Yet what you are BASING this on is purely your opinion and no real facts or historical data to support your argument.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
1. I had no idea what your buy in was, so that is a very tough call to make but I still see the same at current prices.

2. Longoria and Upton too have both been great opportunities to make money if you are a person who likes the young stars rather than the prospects, so it is hard to call them clowns.

3. Your buying habits always seem to follow the trends (there were guys on here pimping Taylor months ago, same can be said with Hanson) and as they start to get hot, you show up with a mailday.

But honestly man, to each their own, you can see whats in your paypal account and I can't, if you are raking in the dough with your strategy then more power to you.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
masonphillip said:
1. I had no idea what your buy in was, so that is a very tough call to make but I still see the same at current prices.

2. Longoria and Upton too have both been great opportunities to make money if you are a person who likes the young stars rather than the prospects, so it is hard to call them clowns.

3. Your buying habits always seem to follow the trends (there were guys on here pimping Taylor months ago, same can be said with Hanson) and as they start to get hot, you show up with a mailday.

But honestly man, to each their own, you can see whats in your paypal account and I can't, if you are raking in the dough with your strategy then more power to you.

Please expound and support your statement with detailed accounts.

How does a guy with 300 at bats batting .337 ~ 'start to get hot' in a week?

This is my first mailday EVER here and the last.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
EricInCT said:
masonphillip said:

Please expound and support your statement with detailed accounts.

How does a guy with 300 at bats batting .337 ~ 'start to get hot' in a week?

This is my first mailday EVER here and the last.

I'm not going to look back but right around the start of the season you were posting threads about players who had a good couple of first games, I dont remember the names but I remember thinking, "hey look, its a boxscore prospector"

You've done this a few times, its not really an insult it just seems you like to buy when players are hot...

natsprospects26

Oct 6, 2008
Dulles, VA
I gotta say, just the degree of defensiveness shown here says a lot about the OP and his strategies. Regardless of what is said here, I think what needs to be taken away from this issue is clear as day.

Members online

Latest posts