Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NAME THAT PATCH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
What is the point on this patch? ANyone know what the full patch looks like where this piece supposedly came from?

!BVWMlRgB2k~$(KGrHgoH-EYEjlLl2qfnBKSBL(tyk!~~_1.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
ok, yea, it must be the tip of the home shoulder patch...thanks given, although the angle looks a lot narrower?

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
i blew up his shoulder logo from that uniform and cropped the tip...it cant be that? So still guessing???

hanklogo.JPG

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
hofautos said:
i blew up his shoulder logo from that uniform and cropped the tip...it cant be that? So still guessing???

hanklogo.JPG

I was thinking it's the tip in the middle of the patch pointing towards the elbow.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
hofautos said:
shuedini said:

cool art work!

Thanks, I ended up buying it. I will be making a custom patch auto using it!

Shuedini - Nice work.

hofautos - That patch would look much better if the pic had Aaron in the uniform the patch came from.

Alex

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I'm normally not one to come on here and yell fake, but I've never seen a patch on any card from that set. Topps didn't really use the patches at all back in 2000. Isn't that when that card is from, or is it more recent?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Mighty Bombjack said:
I'm normally not one to come on here and yell fake, but I've never seen a patch on any card from that set. Topps didn't really use the patches at all back in 2000. Isn't that when that card is from, or is it more recent?

Rickey has one of those King of Kings cards, and they sometimes do have patches. And sell for like $100. :( So, I don't have one, but have seen several...

I have asked the people in this little group of Rickey collectors if anybody has a scan of one... I'll update this post if somebody comes through. BTW, they are from the 2001 Topps Chrome King Of Kings Jersey set.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
RL24 said:
Mighty Bombjack said:

Rickey has one of those King of Kings cards, and they sometimes do have patches. And sell for like $100. :( So, I don't have one, but have seen several...

I have asked the people in this little group of Rickey collectors if anybody has a scan of one... I'll update this post if somebody comes through. BTW, they are from the 2001 Topps Chrome King Of Kings Jersey set.

I would like to see that, and I would like to be wrong. But to date I've never seen any 2001 Topps card with a patch (aside from Tribute, which specifically had a patch insert). I have seen a few of these King of Kings cards with plain white swatches.

Hell, I worked there in 2001, but never saw the relic side of things.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
The base Topps set didn't have the patches, but the Topps Chrome had some patches on them but most of the patches I've seen were on the Refractor parallels.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
djrulz said:
The base Topps set didn't have the patches, but the Topps Chrome had some patches on them but most of the patches I've seen were on the Refractor parallels.

Good to know. I guess I haven't seen the Chrome version as much as the base.

And thanks to the OP and the other Aaron patch poster for the scans.

Knowledge is power!

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
A_Pharis said:
0000011185_1

Should be #'d to 10 for patch variations. I have seen others, too, with patches. This one appears to have a touch of red, too, and may be part of the same patch. Is the one you are wanting #'d to 10?

the card is the same card as this one, topps chrome..and does indeed look like swatch from same patch.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Base jerseys were in reg. topps, patches were in topps chrome. They were very tough pulls 1:5,000+ packs or so, so they're not seen very often.

I must say though, it sickens me to see you buy the aaron to make a custom. They are cool cards, but destroying such nice cards is an absolute travesty.

Nbobgibsonchromepatch.jpg

gibsonkingofkingspatchbirdhead.jpg

gibsonkingofkingspatchbirdwing.jpg

gibsonkingofkingspatchyellowbat.jpg

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
hofautos said:
cool art work!

Thanks, I ended up buying it. I will be making a custom patch auto using it!

Missed this auction. I'll give you 20% more than you paid to NOT cut that card up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts