Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90's insert parallel Beckett doesn't list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I posted it in the 90's insert thread, but I thought maybe some of you player collectors might miss it. Just in case you didn't know it existed. If you already know show them off.

1997 Score Stand & Deliver GOLD. Only 225 made available through redemption. No telling how many are out there.

2.jpg

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
scan0178-1.jpg

Does your Arod say "Wild Card" on the bottom?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Set Information
Score Stand and Deliver
Randomly inserted in series two packs at a rate of 1:71 (retail) and 1:47 (hobby reserve), this 24-card set features color player photos printed on silver foil card stock. The set is broken into six separate 4-card groupings. Groups contain players from the following teams: 1-4 (Braves), 5-8 (Mariners), 9-12 (Yankees), 13-16 (Dodgers), 17-20 (Indians) and 21-24 (Wild Card). The four players featured within the Wild Card group are from "lesser" teams not given a shot at winning the World Series. Each of these cards, unlike cards 1-20, has a "Wild Card" logo stamped on front. Collectors were then supposed to gather up the particular group that won the 1997 World Series, in this case - the Florida Marlins. Since none of the featured teams won, the 4-card Wild Card group was designated as the winner. The winning cards could then be mailed into Pinnacle for a special gold upgrade version of the set, framed in glass.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Magic, you are a "Rain Man" (baseball card savant) when it comes to set info, especially when involving Pinnacle/Score cards.

magicpapa said:
Set Information
Score Stand and Deliver
Randomly inserted in series two packs at a rate of 1:71 (retail) and 1:47 (hobby reserve), this 24-card set features color player photos printed on silver foil card stock. The set is broken into six separate 4-card groupings. Groups contain players from the following teams: 1-4 (Braves), 5-8 (Mariners), 9-12 (Yankees), 13-16 (Dodgers), 17-20 (Indians) and 21-24 (Wild Card). The four players featured within the Wild Card group are from "lesser" teams not given a shot at winning the World Series. Each of these cards, unlike cards 1-20, has a "Wild Card" logo stamped on front. Collectors were then supposed to gather up the particular group that won the 1997 World Series, in this case - the Florida Marlins. Since none of the featured teams won, the 4-card Wild Card group was designated as the winner. The winning cards could then be mailed into Pinnacle for a special gold upgrade version of the set, framed in glass.

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
magicpapa said:
The winning cards could then be mailed into Pinnacle for a special gold upgrade version of the set, framed in glass.

The weird part was that some of those guys were supposedly inserted into packs of product. I know, I know - it's just a story and more than likely a flat out error in recollection. But I pummeled the guy who sold me my copy with a ton of questions trying to find out. He didn't budge, and insisted he never received the framed set and busted it from a pack. I always chalked it up to, what's that new Potomac Two-Step word going around, "mis-remembering". :lol:

But still... <shrug>

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
tonsofcommons said:
scan0178-1.jpg

Does your Arod say "Wild Card" on the bottom?

And to expand on Magic's great info - the four designated Wild Cards were:

21 - Juan Gonzalez
22 - Jeff Bagwell
23 - Cal Ripken Jr.
24 - Frank Thomas

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Wow, I figured I would look through my doubles and see if I had one. Talk about luck! Glad I don't have to hunt this down now. OP has been thanked for bringing up the topic!

ScoreStandandDeliverGold.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
AndruwHRJones said:
Wow, I figured I would look through my doubles and see if I had one. Talk about luck! Glad I don't have to hunt this down now. OP has been thanked for bringing up the topic!

ScoreStandandDeliverGold.jpg
how SWEET is that!! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts