Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need Help: Where is this patch from?? how rare??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
I have the BJ Upton futures game "jersey" card pictured below. Instead of the normal orange jersey, this one has in interesting patch in it. It looks to have the word "All" in it like All Star Game. It's small though. The gu piece though does not feel like cloth like a jersey, but more like rubbery, like almost from the side of an outfield wall. Can anyone help me out. How rare is this?? Whats it worth???

sc008299d304.jpg

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
On the side sleeves maybe there was that sort of cheap rubbery substance that said all star futures game. Im not sure, but nice card.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It's from the rubbery applique 'patch' that was on each jersey. They were a few inches square, so finding one is fairly rare given the area of a jersey. Getting one that has a recognizable part is nice, too.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
That definitely looks like a 2007 All Star game patch from when it was here in SF. I have pics of the unis from all angles. Let me know if you want some pics.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
That definitely looks like a 2007 All Star game patch from when it was here in SF. I have pics of the unis from all angles. Let me know if you want some pics.
i'd love some, just remember, this card is from the 2005 futures game, but yea i'd love to c them

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Weird, I was just thinking last night that I'd really like to find a "patch" version of this card for my collection. Let me know if you'd be interested in moving it.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Here's the majestic tag from the uniform for that year. AS game and futures game

64-06303-3-F.jpg

Here is the official All Star logo for 07.

AllStarLogo.jpg

Here is the National Jersey.

NationalJersey.jpg

The American Jersey is very similar with the same colors just reversed. I can find a pic if you like.

A_Pharis

Can't find a good pic of the jersey, but it's the sleeve "patch" of the 2005 All-Star Futures game. It's not an actual patch (as mentioned before)... just a little "rubber" patch... very thin. That piece right there is from the "all star"

A_Pharis

kdailey4315 said:
Here's the majestic tag from the uniform for that year. AS game and futures game

64-06303-3-F.jpg

Here is the official All Star logo for 07.

AllStarLogo.jpg

Here is the National Jersey.

NationalJersey.jpg

The American Jersey is very similar with the same colors just reversed. I can find a pic if you like.

None of those are anywhere near the patch this card came from. The side points of the star are slightly touching the L and A.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
is this where its froM?? this is a pic of justin huber from the 05 futures game. Not a good view, but check out the patch on his left arm
p1justinhubergetty.jpg

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
A_Pharis said:
This isn't the logo, but the "All Star" part is exactly the same as used on the 2005 USA Team jersey sleeves. Not sure about the world team...

sunday.gif

I don't think it does THAT much for value.

thats definitly it,... that interesting squiggly design on the "S" i can see on this card, on the far right

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
by the coloring around the letters, i know none of these patches are the exact patch i'm looking for, but they are all similar and now i have an idea. Thanks alot guys.

THis must be rare right?? there can't be to many of these... and it says game worn jersey, so maybe it was supposed to be a plain jersey?

A_Pharis

thegreathambino said:
by the coloring around the letters, i know none of these patches are the exact patch i'm looking for, but they are all similar and now i have an idea. Thanks alot guys.

THis must be rare right?? there can't be to many of these... and it says game worn jersey, so maybe it was supposed to be a plain jersey?

Yeah, none of the ones I have ever seen have had a "patch" designation. I think it's mainly because it's not a "patch" material. It's like an iron on transfer almost. Some players sell pretty well if they are on a hot streak or have a big collector base.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
i bought this card about a year and a half ago, and i'm getting into bj upton now, just in today was a

2007 UD Black August BJ Upton Auto Quad Patch (all but 1 are 3+colors) auto #20/25

also just bought a nice patch card, and have a few autos

Members online

Latest posts