Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the easiest way to scan a ton of cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
I am wanting to scan a majority of the cards in my Sammy Sosa collection. The only problem is that it is about 2500 cards and I've figured if I scan 1 card a minute it will still take me weeks or months before its done. Is there any software or scanners that automatically crop scans? Does anyone have any suggestions that they've used?

Aug 29, 2008
Pretty much any new scanner will auto crop I believe. I have a crappy $40 scanner/printer that I bought at KMart that does so I don't think it would be too hard to find one. Pretty much as long as there is space in between the cards they will auto crop. If the cards are out of the case I can do like 9 at a time. Still a slow process if you are scanning that many cards but it will get done eventually.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
hofautos said:
why scan 1 at a time? scan 6 at a time.
I use irfanview to crop...fast and easy.

Sounds like I just need a new scanner. The one I have now is probably 5 years old. I can scan 9 at a time but then I have to create new files with the correctly cropped cards. It is painstakingly slow.

Members online

Latest posts