Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Double-A All-Star Game/HR Derby (Eastern Division)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
The Double-A Eastern League All-Star Game & Homerun Derby are being held today, in which I'm pretty amped! ;) "The Home Run Derby will begin at approximately 4:45 p.m., and will feature past, present and future sluggers." Here is the list of today's HR Derby participants:

MICHAEL TAYLOR :eek: :D
Nick Weglarz
Brian Dopirak
Rene Tosoni
Jorge Vazquez
Brennan Boesch
Frank Menechino
Mark Zagunis
Mike Fassl

And here is a link to more information on the HR derby from milb.com:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news ... &fext=.jsp

Following the HR Derby the All-Star Game will commence, in which this looks to be a very interesting & fun game, though I believe it would have been a whole lot better if it were scheduled a bit differently & wasn't scheduled to be played so close to the Future's Game; as two of the top player's (pitcher's) in attendance will not be participating because they are still recouperating from thier participation in the Future's Game. These player's include: Madison Bumgarner & RHP- Junichi Tazawa. The loss of the Future's Game players combined with a handful of player's who are unable to participate due to several injuries, & this is why I don't think we will be witnessing this year's "full potential" of what could have been a GREAT All-Star Game (but there is still hope yet because as of now, MICHAEL TAYLOR is still playing)! :lol:

Here is the link to milb.com's information & roster's for the Double-A Eastern Division All-Star Game:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news ... &fext=.jsp

Here's to M.Taylor winning the HR Derby, the AS-game MVP, & winning the game in the bottom of the 9th with a walk off Grand Salami!!! :lol: :D

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
thefasterblade said:
How can anyone be amped for this?

Is it really that confusing? I'm sure there are million's upon million's of people who enjoy things that you may not, & I am absolutely certain that I am not the only one excited to follow this evening's events (as a matter of fact, quite a few folks shelled out some $$ to be at the events/game...I'm guessing they are pretty "amped" for this also)! :D

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Mike Fassl won the HR Derby (with 1 HR in the final rd) as Dopirak got 0 in the final rd.... Basically it was a pretty big upset as Fassl is just a kid compared to the other guy's!

Edit: just found out Lars Anderson was a late entry into the HR derby.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Lookin forward to following the game a little bit tonight.

Is it on TV (I know the AAA is) or some kinda online channel? I'm listening to the feed right now & the reception isn't great at all! They're interviewing Lars Anderson.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts