Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would you do in this ebay situation ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
I was at work all day and came home to this ebay dilema. I had an auction end tonight there was a message in my inbox that said "I entered the wrong amount I meant to enter 13 and put 113 by accident i guess im out of luck" now the winning bid on this item was $37 dollars and the winner was the person who sent me that message. Since he didnt cancel his bid should I expect payment ? What do you guys think ?

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Sounds like buyers remorse to me. In any case, if you mutually cancel the transaction, you dont get stuck with the fees and you can get the insertion fee credit by relisting.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I looked at the card you are talking about and if he doesn't pay then you can always do a second chance, and only lose 1$

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
thanks guys, how long do you think i should wait before i give a 2nd chance offer ?

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
XdanX said:
I was at work all day and came home to this ebay dilema. I had an auction end tonight there was a message in my inbox that said "I entered the wrong amount I meant to enter 13 and put 113 by accident i guess im out of luck" now the winning bid on this item was $37 dollars and the winner was the person who sent me that message. Since he didnt cancel his bid should I expect payment ? What do you guys think ?

You get a second chance to check your bid before you confirm your bid. On that note, I'd 2nd chance offer it if I were you.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
XdanX said:
thanks guys, how long do you think i should wait before i give a 2nd chance offer ?

I would do the second chance offer right away...JMO though

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I'd definitely let him slide and give the second chance offer out. As a seller, it's just best to give the customer exactly what they want, as long as it's at not loss to you. eBay is a crazy world. I'm still irked that my DSRs for shipping time are 4.9 when I've never shipped any later than next day after payment. There are a lot of ignorant people who have access to the internet.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
BunchOBull said:
I'd definitely let him slide and give the second chance offer out. As a seller, it's just best to give the customer exactly what they want, as long as it's at not loss to you. eBay is a crazy world. I'm still irked that my DSRs for shipping time are 4.9 when I've never shipped any later than next day after payment. There are a lot of ignorant people who have access to the internet.

Though I totally agree what confuses me is that the message was sent way before the auction ended and he never cancelled his bid.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
XdanX said:
BunchOBull said:

Though I totally agree what confuses me is that the message was sent way before the auction ended and he never cancelled his bid.

I have made a mistake bid before, and if there is less than 24 hours left in the auction I don't believe you are allowed to cancel or retract a bid w/o the sellers agreement to do so

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
XdanX said:
BunchOBull said:

Not everyone is eBay savy as you or I......he probably thought it was impossible.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
XdanX said:
BunchOBull said:

Ah man, he totally isn't having buyers remorse or anything. If he told you before it even ended then he's being legit.

let him off the hook and send a 2nd chance (if you have not already)

If the next guy doesn't want it mutually cancel it and re-list (for free)

Members online

Latest posts