Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cardinals fans (this means you Sam Banks).....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
ist2_464807-broom.jpg

:D

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Me after this series :arrow: ::facepalm::

I am going to start a petition that they just flat out release Todd Wellemeyer. He just isnt getting it done, period. Without him, the Cards would be like 2 or 3rd in the majors in Pitching...

TK

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
MOFNY said:
1 game back also. I think the stros can go ahead and sweep the Mets, and then a series with the Cubs.

I think they will take at LEAST 2 of 3 from the Mets and possibly two from the Cubs as well.

As usual, the Astros start the second half off strong and look like they may be able to take the division, seeing as CHI is about to implode, MIL can't seem to find an offensive groove and the Cards have had inconsistent pitching recently.

pujolsthomefan33 said:

I am going to start a petition that they just flat out release Todd Wellemeyer. He just isnt getting it done, period. Without him, the Cards would be like 2 or 3rd in the majors in Pitching...

TK

Haha. Thanks for taking the post in jest ;)

Wellemeyer is one of the major weak links in the rotation for the Cards. Though, the bullpen seems like it has been pretty shaky lately.

Are the RP's overworked or just not enough or just not enough experience yet?

Either way, I am glad to see this happen and look forward to seeing the 'Stros in first place by the weekend :D

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

I'll sign it first.

Everyone else is pretty decent. There are no other weak links in the rotation. Carpenter, Wainwright, Pineiro, and Lohse have all been very good. No one really is bad in the bullpen either. Kinney was shaky the other night, yes. Motte is somewhat struggling, but still solid.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Skorris CCBC said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

I'll sign it first.

Everyone else is pretty decent. There are no other weak links in the rotation. Carpenter, Wainwright, Pineiro, and Lohse have all been very good. No one really is bad in the bullpen either. Kinney was shaky the other night, yes. Motte is somewhat struggling, but still solid.

I will second that, they are 4th in the Majors in Pitching...aside from Wellemeyer they are in good shape. Cardinals do need another bat, I know they may not go after one, but they need one.

TK

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
pujolsthomefan33 said:
Skorris CCBC said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

I'll sign it first.

I will second that, they are 4th in the Majors in Pitching...aside from Wellemeyer they are in good shape. Cardinals do need another bat, I know they may not go after one, but they need one.

TK

Adam Dunn please.

Ankiel moves to 4th OFer. It'll be just like the rotation we had at the beginning of the season with Ankiel, Duncan, Rasmus, and Ludwick.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Skorris CCBC said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":1iq1thmd]
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

I'll sign it first.

TK

Adam Dunn please.

Ankiel moves to 4th OFer. It'll be just like the rotation we had at the beginning of the season with Ankiel, Duncan, Rasmus, and Ludwick.[/quote:1iq1thmd]

I agree with the statement of the Cards needing a bat, but isn't Glaus gonna be back soon (didn't notice if he was already back or not)? If he is and he can just get a LITTLE hot, doesn't that help the offense out immensely?

As for the Astros, though they are playing good, the could use another starter. After Oz and WayRod, there is no one I would trust to start a playoff game. Moehler it usually good for BP for the other team, Hampton is, well, Mike Hampton. And Russ Ortiz....well, I will just leave it at that.

How much I enjoy Valverde, I think he needs to be shopped for some starting pitching. Or they need to go after Smoltz or Penny (I think both would excel here, mainly because of the lackluster offense in this division).

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Touche Anthony. What a terrible series, sans Carpenter and DeRosa. I don`t even remember the last time the Cardinals were swept. What a crappy way to lose last night after a strong 8 by Carp...............I agree 100% that the Cardinals should kick Todd Wellemeyer`s ass out the door! HE SUCKS!..............I am glad they traded Chris Duncan to Boston. That gives me another reason to not like him. Hopefully Julio Lugo can succeed in the LaRussa system..................The Cardinals need to go out and get another top of the line bat and starting pitcher....................I was soooooo pissed after that game last night.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I would love to see Dunn go to the Cardinals. Having Pujols and Dunn hitting 3 and 4 would be solid. I know people will want to talk about his Ks, but a .400 OBP with a consistant 40 HRs and 100 RBI hitting behind Pujols would be awesome. He's not a good defender either, but Pujols would have some protection so it could help his numbers too. So a lot of Ks and bad defense would be completely negated by Dunn's and Pujols' production.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Anthony K. said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":fzfnrcmy]
pujolsthomefan33 said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":fzfnrcmy]
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

I'll sign it first.

TK

Adam Dunn please.

Ankiel moves to 4th OFer. It'll be just like the rotation we had at the beginning of the season with Ankiel, Duncan, Rasmus, and Ludwick.[/quote:fzfnrcmy]

I agree with the statement of the Cards needing a bat, but isn't Glaus gonna be back soon (didn't notice if he was already back or not)? If he is and he can just get a LITTLE hot, doesn't that help the offense out immensely?

As for the Astros, though they are playing good, the could use another starter. After Oz and WayRod, there is no one I would trust to start a playoff game. Moehler it usually good for BP for the other team, Hampton is, well, Mike Hampton. And Russ Ortiz....well, I will just leave it at that.

How much I enjoy Valverde, I think he needs to be shopped for some starting pitching. Or they need to go after Smoltz or Penny (I think both would excel here, mainly because of the lackluster offense in this division).[/quote:fzfnrcmy]

Yeah, I suppose so. I've just kinda written him off for this year, because if you're a Cardinal fan, you really shouldn't rely on guys like him. They've let us down before.

But yeah, if you can just stick Glaus in the field somewhere where he is comfortable, and won't have to throw much, he might be able to contribute a little bit, which would be great. There is room for him in Left Field right now, but I really don't know why they're talking about putting him in the OF if he can't throw.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
Touche Anthony. What a terrible series, sans Carpenter and DeRosa. I don`t even remember the last time the Cardinals were swept. What a crappy way to lose last night after a strong 8 by Carp...............I agree 100% that the Cardinals should kick Todd Wellemeyer`s ass out the door! HE SUCKS!..............I am glad they traded Chris Duncan to Boston. That gives me another reason to not like him. Hopefully Julio Lugo can succeed in the LaRussa system.................. The Cardinals need to go out and get another top of the line bat and starting pitcher....................I was soooooo pissed after that game last night.

Not happening brother.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I am not sure why the Cardinals need another starting pitcher??? Everyone keeps saying that. Besides Wellemeyer, who can easily be replaced as a starter by quite a few guys already in the Cardinals bullpen, there is no need for the Cardinals to pick up any pitching at all.

Glaus is due to come back, yes, however I just do not consider him a BIG bat anymore. If anything he is more of a gapper/doubles type guy as he just doesnt have the power he once had.

I would like to see a deal done for a guy more like Jermaine Dye or Matt Holliday more so that has good pop but is also capable of displaying a SOLID Glove. Though I am a fan of Adam Dunn, I just dont see him fitting in well with the Cardinals, though I would be happy if they made that move.

Out of everyone available, I think Dye would be a GREAT addition and I doubt it would cost the Cardinals much....

TK

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Sam Banks said:
Always liked Dye.

Yep solid player, solid numbers, goes out and gets it done, relatively cheap compared to a lot of players putting up the numbers he does....

Only drawback is he is getting up there in age, but normally that has actually worked out pretty well for the Cardinals with Edmonds, Rolen, Walker, Tino, etc. in the past.

TK

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Fifth starter is a problem but the Offense is a much bigger issue in my mind. Unless Wellemeyer pitches worse, he's going to stay in the rotation because there are no internal options. Thompson, Boggs, Walters, and Mortensen are going to give you the same outings as Wellemeyer. Additionally, Wellemeyer is unable to do anything but start or long relief which would give us a 12 man staff on a nightly basis rather than the 13 TLR has uses this year. Maybe is McClellan or Hawksworth was stretched out, they'd get a shot but they're not and won't be in the near future. The offense is need #1, but the fact remains that if Pujols doesn't hit no matter how hot the second tier guys like DeRosa and Ludwick get, this team isn't going to win games.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Codasco07 said:
Fifth starter is a problem but the Offense is a much bigger issue in my mind. Unless Wellemeyer pitches worse, he's going to stay in the rotation because there are no internal options. Thompson, Boggs, Walters, and Mortensen are going to give you the same outings as Wellemeyer. Additionally, Wellemeyer is unable to do anything but start or long relief which would give us a 12 man staff on a nightly basis rather than the 13 TLR has uses this year. Maybe is McClellan or Hawksworth was stretched out, they'd get a shot but they're not and won't be in the near future. The offense is need #1, but the fact remains that if Pujols doesn't hit no matter how hot the second tier guys like DeRosa and Ludwick get, this team isn't going to win games.

Have to disagree there.

Thompson, probably not, but he'll give you a decent spot start every now and then.

Boggs, it's a possibility if he could go more than 5 innings. He's done well in a few starts this year.

Walters, probably not, right now it's looking like he's a mopup guy.

Mortensen, I think people may be surprised. He's only had one outing, and yea, it was pretty bad. But he's been pretty good in the minors, and he has what it takes to succeed at the big league level.

I don't think it'd be too hard to stretch out Hawksworth either.

Just give them all a shot, can't do any worse.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts