Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question for Rangers fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Hey,

I am planning a trip to the area in late September. I am going to the first game at the new Cowboys stadium! I plan on catching the Rangers/Angels game on the same day, and was just wondering where you guys like to sit that isn't too pricey? Also, is there anything else I should check out in Arlington? I'll be there most of Saturday afternoon/night before the games. I do plan on checking out the museum at the stadium. Thanks in advance.

clrunyo

Apr 27, 2009
Arlington Texas
Hi,

I live here in Arlington, Texas. The area around the Rangers Ballpark honestly, is the most run down part of town. I do not live around there as i live in a nicer part of the town boarder line between Kennedale Texas and Arlington. I go to a few games out of the year and i usually sit up in the Booths above the visitors bench. To me its the best spot to see the whole field clearly but, it comes with a little higher price tag. If you want to pay a not so high price i would recommend sitting somewhere out in Left Field or Right Field as the Rangers do hit a lot of Homeruns!!! As for the Mueseum in the Ballpark its not one of the best but, its still very well done and i think you should check that out. Also there is a Memorabilia shop in the Stadium that has a lot of nice autographed and game-used items. As for things to check out in Arlington hhhhhhmmmmmm besides the sports stadiums and watching games there really isn't anything else to do LOL! But, im sure you will find something.
Hopefully i helped a little?

Thanks
Chris

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I had season tickets for the year I spent in Arlington. They were in the right field home run porch. Specifically, second row, right in the line from third to second. Great seats. They were priced very decently, I thought, but that was 11 years ago. Plus, and this may not be a negligible detail, the sun sets behind the first-base side of the stadium, so that side gets the most shade. In late September it can still be in the mid-90s during the day, so if it's a day game you might think about that. Also, see if they still allow you to bring your own food and drink. That saves major dollars.

Arlington itself I thought was pretty boring. Maybe things have changed, but it's always been a bedroom community for the two cities. But the highway system there is pretty good so you can whip over to Dallas and check out the 6th Floor Tour of the Book Depository, or Fort Worth and hang out on Sundance Square. And Donruss is down 30 in Grand Prairie. You can swing by there to, I dunno, try to get some backdoor cards. BGS is in the area, too. Go by there to drop off some cards and insist on 10s all around.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
If you're not used to the Texas heat going to two games in one day might get to you. Don't drink too much beer.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
trevordchi said:
If you're not used to the Texas heat going to two games in one day might get to you. Don't drink too much beer.
Lol. I've lived in South Florida my whole life, I think I can manage! Thanks for the info guys! The Cowboys game is the whole purpose of the trip, but I figures checking out a stadium I haven't been to yet would be fun too!

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
There isn't going to be Angels/Rangers game that Sunday, they are going to make it a double header that Saturday because of limited parking spaces. Or atleast that what the Angels broadcasters were saying.

Members online

Latest posts