Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you sell to 100% FB, 231 rating, but from Taiwan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I have a guy wanting to buy 2 of my cards, which aren't high-end, but he is from Taiwan. I checked his feedback and he has bought from known sellers like Boomo in the past.

Would you still sell to the guy or not risk it since it is Taiwan?

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
yes. and, assuming all goes well down the road, I'd leave positive feedback so others will know they're a trustworthy buyer(hopefully).

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Keep in mind that 100% positive feedback for a buyer means nothing anymore since buyers can't get negatives.

FWIW I only sell to US buyers on ebay. Too much cost, hassle and risk to send out of the country. But I usually sell with a reasonable bin/bo so I don't really need the extra bidders.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
I ONLY ship to overseas bidders if they pay for priority mail or express mail. It's expensive but you have some sort of tracking id # so when they do a chargeback with paypal, you're covered. I've been scammed many times from people overseas.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Not a chance unless they're willing to spend $10-$12 for registered mail w/ tracking number overseas. As said previously, 100% means nothing anymore for buyers, and I've been burned in the past by these type of transaction, the mail here to there is just too unreliable. If they really want the cards, they'll pony up the cash to cover the shipping.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Since both cards are high-end, why not ask the buyer if he'll split the cost of sending via registered mail with you? It would cover you and have you appear to be a concerned, concientious seller.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I would have no problem selling to this bidder..

I have sent several items over there, especially non-highend items..

They have collectors just like we do..

It's one reason I like to bid on items from there, as they don't get the bids that the same card here in the US would get..

Do you really think a card like this would sell for under $100 listed by a person in the US?

edgar-barrel.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Rickzcards said:
Since both cards are high-end, why not ask the buyer if he'll split the cost of sending via registered mail with you? It would cover you and have you appear to be a concerned, concientious seller.

The cards aren't high end..

tommyfro21 said:
I have a guy wanting to buy 2 of my cards, which aren't high-end, but he is from Taiwan. I checked his feedback and he has bought from known sellers like Boomo in the past.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Pinbreaker said:
Rickzcards said:

tommyfro21 said:

Brain fart. But I have sold successfully to quite a few ebayers in Taiwan by offering to split the cost of registered mail with them. Nothing low end though.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Rickzcards said:
Pinbreaker said:
Rickzcards said:

tommyfro21 said:

Brain fart. But I have sold successfully to quite a few ebayers in Taiwan by offering to split the cost of registered mail with them. Nothing low end though.

There are some sellers that sell cards and buy cards for others that can't speak english.. Same as Japan..

I ship using Global Express thru USPS, which actually uses Fed Ex.. and they have tracking info

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Well I can't imagine someone wanting to spend $20+ for shipping on a 2007 BDP John Ely gold ref and a 2007 BDP Cody Crowell Orange ref. I could be wrong though.

I'm going to contact the seller again and see if he would be willing to pay extra for the shipping. I like knowing with certainty that my cards arrive at the seller's location no matter where they are.

That being said, it looks like it will be $20+ just to get tracking of some sort...am I correct on that?

brumbach

Every single package I have sent to Taiwan has been cheapo cards worth less than $20 and I've used standard USPS International First Class with no tracking or any of that fancy stuff. Everything has arrived and I have yet to have something lost. After selling on the internets since 1995 and eBay since 1998, I've never understood the scittishness with shipping overseas. I've had more problems with domestic transactions than international.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
tommyfro21 said:
Well I can't imagine someone wanting to spend $20+ for shipping on a 2007 BDP John Ely gold ref and a 2007 BDP Cody Crowell Orange ref. I could be wrong though.

I'm going to contact the seller again and see if he would be willing to pay extra for the shipping. I like knowing with certainty that my cards arrive at the seller's location no matter where they are.

That being said, it looks like it will be $20+ just to get tracking of some sort...am I correct on that?
You can get it cheaper than that at UPS every package has tracking just use ups standard interational. that should be cheaper that $20

Members online

Latest posts