Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Secret Santa Gifts Thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I was looking to see if there was an "Official Secret Santa Gifts" thread created where we could see what everyone got from thier Secret Santa? Maybe it could be stickied as well..

I have received two of my four and I am waiting to get the rest before I post my goodies.

G

Pinbreaker said:
I was looking to see if there was an "Official Secret Santa Gifts" thread created where we could see what everyone got from thier Secret Santa? Maybe it could be stickied as well..

I have received two of my four and I am waiting to get the rest before I post my goodies.
Wow I got mine a month ago and it clearly says don't open until Christmas, and that is what I'm doing.
Shame on you guys for opening yours and the posting what you got. Jesus man it is not even Thanksgiving for
Christ-Sake.
I am nodding my head right now in disbelief. :shock:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Pine Tar said:
Pinbreaker said:
I was looking to see if there was an "Official Secret Santa Gifts" thread created where we could see what everyone got from their Secret Santa? Maybe it could be stickied as well..

Wow I got mine a month ago and it clearly says don't open until Christmas, and that is what I'm doing.
Shame on you guys for opening yours and the posting what you got. Jesus man it is not even Thanksgiving for
Christ-Sake.
I am nodding my head right now in disbelief. :shock:

I guess some can't read.. I said I got 2 of mine and I am waiting on the other 2.. I am just looking to see if they are going to set up a Secret Santa Gift Thread instead of having everyone post random threads..

Also, I don't know about you, but there are a few members on here that send out random packages for no reason and some could construe those as gifts from a Secret Santa as well.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Pinbreaker, you'll be getting a couple Edgars from me in a week or so. His stuff is a little strange. It seems everything is either really cheap or really expensive (at least for the low end group). I hope you don't have the cards I got you! :D

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I had asked about starting a thread like this because I thought it would help keep everything in one place. Plus everyone would know where to look to see what everyone got and so forth. They said to use the current existing SS thread or to let people create their own "thank you" threads. I have absolutely zero problem with that if that's what the mods want. They run this place, not me. ;) I like this idea better though and hope that this gets stickied. It would be cool to have one thread full of SS goodness.

As for opening packages, I sent to my medium victim and he has already received and opened. I am glad he did too, because I think it would have killed me to wait another month for him to open it. :lol: When I send out to my high end victim, I hope he opens when he receives it as well. I am one of the worst gift givers. I always want the person to go ahead and open what I got them. Anyway, if the sender specifically puts on there for you to wait until Christmas, then I would wait until Christmas. If there is nothing on there indicating that they want you to wait, go ahead and open it. That's just my opinion though. I haven't received either of my packages yet, so I can't tell you if I'm supposed to wait or not. :lol:

Joe

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
My package arrived from Adam Scraga yesterday. I haven't opened it yet and I'll TRY to make it until Christmas.
Adam, please PM me your user name so I'll know who you are........and thanks in advance!!!
DANNY

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I received a package today. It must be from my Secret Santa. I'm not expecting any other packages. I'll wait as long as I can before I open it. It's tough for me to have something setting here begging to be ripped open.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I have sent and received both of my SS packages. I have already opened both. Neither of the packages said to wait, so I went ahead and busted them. The one today was somewhat of an accident. I got a lot of stuff in and was just in opening mode. :lol:

From my medium Santa:
2005ReflectionsDualAuto2.jpg

Very generous of my Santa. I have been working on a Master Set of Griffey from 2005 Reflections. This was one I needed and puts me down to only 9 more to go.

From my high end Santa:
1996LeafLimitedLumberjacks1.jpg

2005UpperDeckGameJersey.jpg

2004UDAPieceofHistory500ClubGriffey.jpg

Another exceptionally generous Santa. The 500 Club bat card has been on my want list for awhile. The generosity on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Again, I would like to give a HUGE shout out to both of my Santas. I just hope that my victims are as happy as I am.

Joe

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
I have received two of my three secret santa's in the mail and I absolutely MUST post them.

From my low (I think):

102_0332.jpg

102_0333.jpg

102_0334.jpg

102_0335.jpg

102_0336.jpg

The big card from this package:
102_0337.jpg

Pretty sure I know who this is, based off of the return address. You know who you are though and thanks. This is my first auto, game used or patch of Pettite in an Astros uniform and it is freaking SWEET. Not to mention the lot of Bagwell game used and inserts and my first Troy Patton bowman chrome auto.

This is from my medium (once again, I think) and it absolutely BLEW me away:

102_0327.jpg

102_0328.jpg

102_0329.jpg

And the big one from this package:
102_0330.jpg

The Pence is EASILY one of the top 3 Pence cards I had been looking for, so I was EXTREMELY pumped when I saw it in there. And to top it off, it looks just GREAT (might have it graded). The Fairley "mini rainbow" is awesome, as it just adds to my stash. And the Elite to /50 was my first Elite rookie of his. Thanks Secret Santa (I know who this is too....he is not just a great Santa, but a great guy too :D).

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Anthony K. said:
Pinbreaker said:
Great looking cards..

The Fairley's put you on the path to Rainbowdom...

They also bump me up to 19 different Fairley autos now (and 4 total Xfractor autos, which look AMAZING to me).

I think I might have a Hunter Pence auto you might want... I'll see if I have a scan or I will scan it later..

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Anthony- Congrats on some great cards! The members and Santas around here are exceptionally generous. Very nice cards. I don't prospect really, but I am a big fan of Xfractors as well. Reminds me of the Atomic Refractors from the 90s.

Joe

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Pinbreaker said:
Anthony K. said:
Pinbreaker said:
Great looking cards..

The Fairley's put you on the path to Rainbowdom...

They also bump me up to 19 different Fairley autos now (and 4 total Xfractor autos, which look AMAZING to me).

I think I might have a Hunter Pence auto you might want... I'll see if I have a scan or I will scan it later..

Sounds awesome. Just PM me the scan and I will take a look ;)

I was glad to get the Elite. The Pence collection is for my son (I named him after him afterall :eek:) and I am gonna try to make it as NICE as possible by the time he is old enough to really understand and like cards. I know just trying to spell his name with the letters is becoming EXTREMELY expensive (at least on my card budget), but I have really enjoyed picking up cards for him.

Members online

Latest posts