Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Red Sox trade Laroche for Casey Kotchman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
On NESN.

Another one I dont understand. One firstbaseman for another? I like Laroche more than Kotchman.

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
Re: Kotchman to the Sox for LaRoche

Oh Jeez, please put up a link too when one becomes available...grew up with Casey and not a fan of the Red Sox haha

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

What the hell?? LOL

I liked LaRoche......OK Red Sox just tradeaway every player I like!! ::facepalm::

MacK

Aug 7, 2008

What does that solve?

Kotchman going to AAA?

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
On NESN.

Another one I dont understand. One firstbaseman for another? I like Laroche more than Kotchman.

kotchman is cheaper and better fielder and a better average.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA

scotty21690 said:
What the hell?? LOL

I liked LaRoche......OK Red Sox just tradeaway every player I like!! ::facepalm::

You liked a week of LaRoche. Trust me, over the course of a full season, you would be ready to pull your hair out. He's either red hot or ice cold, no in between. And usually far more of the latter than the former.

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008

LLWesMan said:
What's the point of that deal for either team?

This has to be part of a larger deal. It does not make sense.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

subject to change said:
scotty21690 said:
What the hell?? LOL

You liked a week of LaRoche. Trust me, over the course of a full season, you would be ready to pull your hair out. He's either red hot or ice cold, no in between. And usually far more of the latter than the former.
From what I saw from him, he looked pretty dang good....not to mention he said he really liked this ballpark for his hitting style, he liked the GREEN MONSTAH! :cool:

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
Kotchman is a better fielder (worlds better) and hits for a better average. Laroche has a few more homers but that is it and hes older.

It actually blows my mind how anyone thinks Laroche is even a good player.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
If the Red Sox made LaRoche expendable because they got Martinez, is Kotchman also expendable?

Probably shouldn't read much into it, but is there a bigger deal brewing? :?

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I do think Adam profiled much better in Fenway than in he had in Pittsburgh. He was brought in in hopes of taking advantage of the short left in PNC Park. He's not a dead pull hitter, so the huge center and left fields hurt his numbers while in Pittsburgh, I think.

This deal confuses me, unless the Sox plan on flipping Kotchman in a later deal.

Members online

Latest posts