Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alex Rios claimed on waivers by.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Alex Rios Claimed On Waivers, Trade Next?
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 7 at 2:52pm CST]
ESPN.com's Buster Olney hears that Alex Rios has been claimed on waivers by an unknown team. The Blue Jays now have three choices:

•They can let the claiming team have Rios and the $60MM-plus remaining on his contract.
•They can pull him back from waivers and keep him.
•They can work out a deal with the claiming team.
One executive calls this an "incredible opportunity" for the Blue Jays to shed payroll.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
wohoo!!!!!!!! hopefully its a big market team w/ fans who spend moeny but if I had to guess it is the Pirates. They were interested in him for a wehile now talkign about trading Paul Maholm for him

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
colts1888 said:
wohoo!!!!!!!! hopefully its a big market team w/ fans who spend moeny but if I had to guess it is the Pirates. They were interested in him for a wehile now talkign about trading Paul Maholm for him

I'm pretty sure you're joking, considering his salary would instantly quintuple their entire payroll... ::facepalm::

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
kdailey4315 said:
thefasterblade said:
I bet it's the Giants.

They almost traded Cain for him last year so it might be.

This makes sense to me too. They still need some additional offense and if they can get enough hitting, San Fran can make a solid run at a title with that pitching staff.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
JEA2880 said:
colts1888 said:

I'm pretty sure you're joking, considering his salary would instantly quintuple their entire payroll... ::facepalm::

They have the most money to spend now after shdding off millions the last year and 1/2.Rios isd sa long term solution so I dont see why they wouldnt. I certianly hope it isnt them but wouldbt be surprised. Im hoping that he goes to the whiteSox though

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
colts1888 said:
JEA2880 said:
colts1888 said:

They have the most money to spend now after shdding off millions the last year and 1/2.Rios isd sa long term solution so I dont see why they wouldnt. I certianly hope it isnt them but wouldbt be surprised. Im hoping that he goes to the whiteSox though

True but the Giants new ownership is willing to pay money now for good players. I really hope it's the Giants.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
thefasterblade said:
I bet it's the Giants.

It was much worse than that, the talk was of Lincecum going to Toronto for Rios. Sabean would have been fired for that.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
seitas said:
kdailey4315 said:
thefasterblade said:
I bet it's the Giants.

It was much worse than that, the talk was of Lincecum going to Toronto for Rios. Sabean would have been fired for that.

Actually Sabean turned down Cain for Rios and offered Lincecum. For some reason the trade just kind of broke down. That would have been worse than Nathan and Lariano for AJ. I was just trying to say that the Giants were interested in him at one point.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Nope you guys are all wrong...

it was the Diamondbacks that picked him up

Yeah, didnt you hear?

Toronto is accepting Eric Byrnes in return, taking Byrnes' salary, and paying half of Rios' salary

Rios is hitting #3 in front of Reynolds.

:mrgreen: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts