Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HUGE mailday 1/1 style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
I know I posted this in a few threads, but felt this was deserving of its own. It came in saturday's mail but I could not get it until today since I was out of town. This is the first anyone I know has ever seen one of these cards, and it happens to be the platinum 1/1 version. The regular is /10 and has yet to be seen. This was on ebay and I was told it was bought/traded for at the national. If you have any idea the person who sold it, I would appreciate their contact info as they might have a few others I, and Dave, need!

Dave (wideright) and I worked out a deal on this, and I will let him discuss if he chooses. Basically this is a "patch" for my set (now 17/20) until the regular one becomes available. This is an awesome card, I couldnt wait to get it! Again, never seen this or the regular version, and was starting to doubt it existed!! Enjoy!

immripkenplatinum2.jpg

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Brett Keith said:
Fantastic card, when I saw it I thought someone might hit the BIN.

Wasnt going to, but two other offers came in which was our (dave and I) signal to just hit it. Couldnt let it get away!

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Wow very very nice!!!!! You paid a dang good penny for that one. I had it watched and good to see someone here got it.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
mlbsalltimegreats said:
Wow very very nice!!!!! You paid a dang good penny for that one. I had it watched and good to see someone here got it.

Yes it did cost a good amount, but in comparison to others, i think it was a great price. Having tracked all the sales of immortals (with the help of beckett), i watched the mattingly platinum end at 870. IMO the price of the ripken is justified by that sale.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Just an incredible card, John!! So relieved more than anything that you/we have it. That would have been a monster fish to let go. Hopefully a regular shows up and we can finish the deal someday :lol:

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Gorgeous card gentlemen......!!!

This is interesting...my wife and I over the weekend were having a discussion about steroids in baseball (re: Ortiz) and you know what she said to me.....I paraphrase-

she- Who would be the one player we would be shocked if we found out he took steroids?
me- I don't know, Jeter?
she- no Cal Ripken
me- you are scaring me......

My wife is a baseball wife who knows very little about the actual game but has watched 3 sons play hundreds of games and has been present (while on the TV) for a thousand or so Sox games.....guess she does get it..... :lol: :lol:

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
That is sweetness right there jpcz. Wow. Grats on the awesome pickup. I saw that too when it was listed and was curious what it would end at. So it is "ours" bet u and wide? Lol. It's a good "problem" to have. :). Dave

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
daveyou said:
That is sweetness right there jpcz. Wow. Grats on the awesome pickup. I saw that too when it was listed and was curious what it would end at. So it is "ours" bet u and wide? Lol. It's a good "problem" to have. :). Dave

Thanks! i wonder how many watchers, i keep hearing there were more and more...we had an offer in, but after the third came in, we didnt want to chance it. Apparently the seller also had something lined up later that night with a local....

and "we" and "our" just might have something to do with wide and i..... ;)

Members online

Latest posts