Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which vintage card would you want? - poll

Which vintage card would you want?

• 1948 Leaf Jackie Robinson Rookie - PSA 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teachervido

Aug 7, 2008
Fresh Meadows, NY
I want to give my nephew something pretty cool but I'm not sure what. I willing to spend around ~$1000. Something he can look at when he's old enough to cherish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
gracecollector said:
Robinson rookie. A PSA 1 Mantle is just too disheartening. Such a beautiful card in such shameful condition, it would break my heart every time I looked at it.

A psa 1 could be due a great looking card with one or two flaws.I have a few psa 1 t206s that could easily be 3-4s if it wasnt for a light pencil mark on the back or some slight paper loss.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
My long lost uncle is finally coming through. I can't wait to get the Mantle.

As for your nephew, later on down the line when he is able to appreciate any of the gifts you give him he should be able to look past the actual gift and know he has a uncle who really cares for him.

I can't wait to see my uncles soon so I can tell them about this and give them a hard time.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
thenumberonemetfan said:
gracecollector said:
Robinson rookie. A PSA 1 Mantle is just too disheartening. Such a beautiful card in such shameful condition, it would break my heart every time I looked at it.

A psa 1 could be due a great looking card with one or two flaws.I have a few psa 1 t206s that could easily be 3-4s if it wasnt for a light pencil mark on the back or some slight paper loss.

True dat, but those aren't usually the $1000 type PSA 1's. I was envisioning something more like this (asking price $1275)

90363119.jpg

To me (just my opinion), the 48 Robinson is more historically important and a PSA 5 is a card I can live with

7164.jpg

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Hands down the LEAF Jackie psa 5. With out a doubt. The leaf Robinson is harder to find that the mantle psa 1, better historical significance and visualy a nice looking good condition card.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
teachervido said:
ThoseBackPages said:
If hes a Mets Fan (i hope he isnt) then get him the Jackie, cause every time he goes to Chiti Field, he'll see Jackie

I was considering that. Would you consider Jackie to be top 10 player of all time?

MLB thinks so. He is the only player to have his jersey number retired on all teams.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
teachervido said:
ThoseBackPages said:
If hes a Mets Fan (i hope he isnt) then get him the Jackie, cause every time he goes to Chiti Field, he'll see Jackie

I was considering that. Would you consider Jackie to be top 10 player of all time?
Nope. Well, not offensively....but in other ways I would say so.

Members online

Latest posts