Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Were Purke and Washington the Only 1st Round Non-Signers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I still can't get on BA.

(No, I'm not including Crow.)

Anyone?

Thanks.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
justinmandawg said:
Crow has no idea what is going on.

Oh and I don't know the answer to your question.

He rejected their $3M offer, I read.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Looks like this is the case, everything I've seen says Purke isn't signing and DRaysBay is saying LeVon officially hasn't signed. So I wonder what LeVon will do now, since he apparently hasn't qualified for the University of Florida.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Aaron Crow is a compensation pick. I would imagine for the next three or four years we'll see teams that aren't all that sold on a round take a flier on him and just never call him back.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Just talked about it on MLB Network. Looks like the only three first rounders not signed are Purke, Washington and Crowe.

Of course, Crowe has plenty of time still to sign (May).

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Thanks for the confirmation, Sly.

Let's see what Topps does now.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Crow was dumb for not taking the $3.5 from Washington last year, and now he's too prideful to take anything less than that. Reports have the Royals offering $3.0 million for him..... and him scoffing at it. With his loss of velocity and his stuff going flat in the Independent leagues he had better decide quickly. The kid needs a professional pitching coach and trainer stat or at this time next year he may be a footnote in draft history.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
He's not scoffing at anything. He's letting his agents run the show. He has no idea what is going on. The team has had basically no contact with him and his agents don't return his calls.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
justinmandawg said:
He's not scoffing at anything. He's letting his agents run the show. He has no idea what is going on. The team has had basically no contact with him and his agents don't return his calls.

Yeah, they basically said on MLB Network that the Royals really weren't focusing on him, but rather their later round picks. They've got time on Crow, so no reason to really rush into it...

...and for the Royals, they've probably got more negotiating power now being able to see what the guys around him got in their deals.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
But how does he accept a penny less than $3.5 when he turned down that exact amount last year? If his agents were really not returning his calls, he would have fired them by now. Nobody is that stupid.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Vagrant said:
But how does he accept a penny less than $3.5 when he turned down that exact amount last year? If his agents were really not returning his calls, he would have fired them by now. Nobody is that stupid.

Ok. I'm making it up.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
One of my facebook friends pitches for TCU and he had a status tonight about how pumped he is to have Purke coming.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
As good as it is for Strasburg to have signed, 2010 Bowman Draft with Bryce Harper and Stras headlining would've been a legendary product debut.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
JEA2880 said:
As good as it is for Strasburg to have signed, 2010 Bowman Draft with Bryce Harper and Stras headlining would've been a legendary product debut.
I know, well there can be two SOLID bowman drafts then lol

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
JEA2880 said:
I know, well there can be two SOLID bowman drafts then lol

Strasburg will be in every single Topps product before 2010 Draft. He will make the majors by then, and he will be in Upper Deck products too. No chance he doesn't pitch in bigs before next years Draft..... That is unless Razor signs him to exclusive image rights.

Members online

Latest posts