Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is this Campanella photo worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

i have an offer to buy the Campanella photo for $25, The perspective buyer is George Michael of The Sports Machine fame.

is this a good price for the photo?

here are a few of my original wire photos from 1949

Roy Campanella
!BZDRgcg!mk~$(KGrHgoH-EMEjlLlwLjKBKkwejkU2Q~~_12.jpg

Ted Williams
!BZEEilQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DQEjlLlt51ZBKk0V1Hdbw~~_12.jpg

Dom DiMaggio
!BZEDZ+!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-DsEjlLl0BVjBKk0Qz)!4g~~_12.jpg

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Re: Some of my 1949 Wire Photos

I tried to sell a few wire photos recently and was told that action shot like these are the most desirable.

I'm curious what the stamping on the backs looks like

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN

Are the photos your main focus hobby wise? They are awfully cool.

The Price card in your sig... looks like that photo was taken at Smokies Park... but then again, all minor league parks are starting to look alike. :)

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY

And some of mine. :) I have a different Campanella shot.
Mine came from the files of a newspaper sports writer from Buffalo, NY many years ago.

CampanellaWirePhotoresized.jpg

ClementeWirePhotoresize.jpg

DimaggioWirePhotoresize.jpg

MantleKubekWirePhotoresize.jpg

WilliamsWirePhotoresize.jpg

G

js0000001 said:
I tried to sell a few wire photos recently and was told that action shot like these are the most desirable.

I'm curious what the stamping on the backs looks like

as requested, here is what the backs look like.. they all have this stamp on the back.. some are more complete than others.. also, some of the pictures have the description write up on a pasted piece of card board.. that is what the stain on the Williams is..

112222049.jpg

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
BrianHarper said:
i have an offer to buy the Campanella photo for $25, The perspective buyer is George Michael of The Sports Machine fame.

I don't know if the price is right. However, how would you feel parting with them for $25.00? Is it worth it for you to sell them for that money or will you regret it?

G

zach said:
BrianHarper said:

I don't know if the price is right. However, how would you feel parting with them for $25.00? Is it worth it for you to sell them for that money or will you regret it?

i am not really sure.. if it is worth $25, i would regret it for a little while.. but i do not really collect photos.. so that is why i am looking for an approx value of these photos.

right now, i have a Yogi berra on my wall, and it looks nice, but i do not have room to display all of my pictures.

also, it would make me happy selling it to George because i know it is going into a great collection.

Members online

Latest posts