Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trevor Hoffman put on waivers after 16 years

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Kind of interesting I thought: Link to Brewers blog

The Brewers are in an interesting position, since you have to consider Type-A FA, the fact that Hoffman wouldn't mind staying, and what teams would give up for him.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I'd rather the Sox have gotten Hoffman for nothing rather than a post-TJ Billy Wagner.

EDIT - If you'll excuse me, I have to go drop Hoffman from a couple of fantasy teams....

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
I hate where the Brewers are right now. It's sad and to see them lose the all time saves leader when he wants to stay is a shame.
It's hard to believe that they think they're so far out of contention for next year that they have to go shopping Hoffman around. Exactly what kind of a player is a "contender" going to give? Only kind I can think of is a prospect. The Brewers need starting pitching, not help in rebuilding their farm system.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
He was on FIRE in the early season.

I'm sure he'd still be on fire if the Brewers would get a ******* game in order for him to save.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
hive17 said:
sportscardtheory said:
He was on FIRE in the early season.

I'm sure he'd still be on fire if the Brewers would get a ******* game in order for him to save.

It's tough when you've got to play the Reds, Pirates, Nationals, Houston and the Padres the last month and a half.

Interesting fact...since the All Star break, they've played 39 games. Only six, that's 6, games have been against a team with a winning record.
Even more interesting, more than half, 20 of those games, have been against current LAST place teams. Throw in the Reds (in second last place) and you've got 27 games against some of the worst teams in the NL.

They should have been able to pick up more then a few wins. Instead their winning percentage is .410 since the ASG.
Pitiful, even as a Brewer fan.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
The Brewers not being very good this year couldn't have surprised anyone. Considering outside of Trevor Hoffman they did nothing to improve the team in the offseason, unless you considering replacing CC with Braden Looper improving the team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts