Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Most underrated player in the minors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Most underrated player in the minros?

i'm not seeing it?!?!? a 22 year old who doesn't have eye popping numbers in any one category. looks to be a solid ball player but nothing screams future star.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't know about MOST underrated, but I still say Ryan Strieby gets nowhere near the attention he should.

Huge numbers last year, huge numbers this year...despite missing time due to injury both of these seasons. If he had been able to play full seasons the last two years, he likely would have had back to back 30 homer years. Instead he had 29 last year and is currently sitting at 19 this year.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I don't know about MOST underrated, but I still say Ryan Strieby gets nowhere near the attention he should.

Huge numbers last year, huge numbers this year...despite missing time due to injury both of these seasons. If he had been able to play full seasons the last two years, he likely would have had back to back 30 homer years. Instead he had 29 last year and is currently sitting at 19 this year.

That sounds more like injury prone than underrated.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.

Halonut said:
i'm not seeing it?!?!? a 22 year old who doesn't have eye popping numbers in any one category. looks to be a solid ball player but nothing screams future star.

57 K in 462 AB's isn't future star worthy lol? He is still very underrated. Just because he doesn't have a card doesn't mean that he isn't good lol.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL

jbone17 said:
Halonut said:

57 K in 462 AB's isn't future star worthy lol? He is still very underrated. Just because he doesn't have a card doesn't mean that he isn't good lol.

He looks like a smallish SS with little power, who either doesn't have great speed, or has subpar instincts on the basepaths, and BB's very little. Wow, and he's posting a .364 BABIP with only a 11.8 LD%. He better be really good on defense.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008

jbone17 said:
Halonut said:

he's a free swinger (20 bb in 482 pa) who puts the ball in play. if he was putting up huge power numbers, you would have a case. frankly, his numbers remind me an awful lot of alberto callaspo's milb #s with less pop. as i said, good player...not a star

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=callas001alb

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Andrew Locke and Koby Clemens are the two must under-rated from the Astros system. Check out their #s.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
Kyler Burke

He has been mashing the ball all year and nobody ever talks about him.

AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG OPS
.304 126 444 87 135 42 3 14 84 225 72 97 14 2 .404 .507 .911

A few numbers that pop out are the 42 doubles, 84 RBI's, .911 OPS & .404 OBP. Dude is mashing the ball and get's no love. I'm not saying he's gonna be anything huge or not, but he's so under rated and way under the radar IMO.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
nyc3 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

That sounds more like injury prone than underrated.

It's the same injury from last year that's keeping him off the field. He broke a bone in his hand and was out for the last 6 weeks of the 08 season, then started the year in 09 with a two homerun game, but has taken a few games here and there to rest the hand.

It obviously hasn't affected his performance because he still has better numbers than 99% of minor leaguers: .303 ave, 19 HR, 58 RBI, .427 OBP, .565 SLG, .991 OPS

I'm really looking forward to the day when the hand is no longer an issue and I can sit back and watch this guy mash all year long. Hopefully he is 100% by the time the AFL starts.

Members online

Latest posts