Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sold 1st Lincy Gold Off ebay 1650 international so...

Sell or Hold Round 2

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Im covered for the first one internationally, so what should I do about my second one.

Sell or hold?

And if sell how should i list on ebay? (Thinking BIN/BO to negotiate?)

(Edit: Should i just sell like everything lincecum and just hold the cash and maybe go for a red whenever that happens and pocket the rest?) Or just the golds as it 3 grand+

guzman4cy

Aug 18, 2009
you dont collect him, or else you wouldnt have sold the first one. so sell the second one. you might miss having the golds, but you're gonna be more than happy with your cash in hand.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
guzman4cy said:
you dont collect him, or else you wouldnt have sold the first one. so sell the second one. you might miss having the golds, but you're gonna be more than happy with your cash in hand.
Oh i collect him, its just a matter of selling it and risk buying it back cheaper in the off season or whenever. his prices are at its peak right now and has never been this high before (not even at release :shock: )

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
darocker80 said:
guzman4cy said:
Oh i collect him, its just a matter of selling it and risk buying it back cheaper in the off season or whenever. his prices are at its peak right now and has never been this high before (not even at release :shock: )

Yea, I think you should sell this True Gem w/10 auto for 2200Bin/BO as sweetness stated above. Its very much worth it to pick up thar 3-4K on the two, and possibly buy back 4 or more in the offseason

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Like I said put it up for at least 2200 bin/obo for 30 days. Raise the price if the giants get in the playoffs and lower it if they don't. I am fairly certain the giants will get to the playoffs b/c the rest of their schedule is so easy. If they get in and he wins his first game you could ask 2500 at least.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
Sweetness said:
Like I said put it up for at least 2200 bin/obo for 30 days. Raise the price if the giants get in the playoffs and lower it if they don't. I am fairly certain the giants will get to the playoffs b/c the rest of their schedule is so easy. If they get in and he wins his first game you could ask 2500 at least.
I wouldn't say the Giants schedule is so easy when they have two more series against the Dodgers and one against the Rockies. Also, the Cubs are still over .500.

Edit* The Rockies have pretty much the exact schedule expect they play the Cardinals once and only play the Dodgers once. The Giants, however, play the Dodgers twice and don't play the Cardinals. It should be close.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Dude, take it and run. As other members have said, its a shiny piece of cardboard with a athletes signature, dont be greedy. You got some money in the bank with this card. Sell it.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
If you got 1650 for the other you should expect at least 2000 especially with considering the giants are in the playoffs!!!

Where is the Pablo option in your poll so I could...
Vote for Pablo!!!

Anyways... if the Giants win the WS who will get the WS MVP Lincecum or Pablo. Well guess what I...

Vote for Pablo!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
ya i can't do it, unless someone just offers me something i can refuse ( has to be in the 2000) i can't let go of my true gem.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I completly understand, that is a sick card. Sometimes the collection is more important than money. It can't hurt to list it for a huge BIN obo and be patient.
I know this might sound like a parent comment but don't spend the 1650 you just made and if you do sell the true gem save that as well. Then just take that cash and rebuy in the offseason. Better than the stock market!!!

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Sweetness said:
I completly understand, that is a sick card. Sometimes the collection is more important than money. It can't hurt to list it for a huge BIN obo and be patient.
I know this might sound like a parent comment but don't spend the 1650 you just made and if you do sell the true gem save that as well. Then just take that cash and rebuy in the offseason. Better than the stock market!!!
seriously.

me going off to college i'm probably going to need it so i don't starve, or i can make my car faster :p

or pray to god a lincy red pops on ebay...oh decisions lol

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm going to go against the grain here and say keep it. And keep it forever, here's why:

You are clearly a big baseball fan, and you are also clearly a big Lincecum fan.

You also don't need the money.

I don't wanna assume to much here or get into your business so please don't take this like an attack or anything at all.........but you said you bought them for 750....when I was in high school I worked 30hr a week to make half that in a month. A chance to make 2000 on a baseball card wouldn't even be worth the second thought to me, yet you said:

darocker80 said:
me going off to college i'm probably going to need it so i don't starve, or i can make my car faster :p

or pray to god a lincy red pops on ebay...oh decisions lol

You're clearly not going to starve, and the thought of even being in a position of owning a car in high school, much less making one faster, or upgrading to an even more expensive card?..........

Keep it, and love it forever. Sell it only to get your red if it comes around. You'll be happy you have it in 30 years.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Sell, Sell, Sell...

After you get out of school.. you will be rolling in the $$$, so you can afford the $4,000 asking price to buy it back..

:lol:

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
darocker80 said:
ya i can't do it, unless someone just offers me something i can refuse ( has to be in the 2000) i can't let go of my true gem.

a card with the same grade isnt going to just magically get 400 more cause of a 9.5 on a grade instead of a 9

Members online

Latest posts