Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

LeGarrette Blount done for the season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
LeGarrette Blount has been suspended by Oregon for the remainder of the season after punching a Boise State player after the game last night.

Todd McShay projected Blount as a 2nd/3rd round pick in the 2010 draft who could have gone as high as a 1st rounder if he has a good season. Now McShay says he will be undrafted and will have a hard time signing with anybody.

Seems like the guy had a ton of upside. Now, instead of making millions of dollars he'll probably be working at a Burger King or A&P

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If he wants to pursue football, he should see if he can squeak into the UFL just to stay sharp and showcase his ability. That would ruin his schooling, but seems to be his best option at keeping his NFL hopes alive.

I don't know what the UFL regulations are on age/school requirements.

FATBABY

Feb 19, 2009
I am sorry, but anyone that does something as ignorant as that deserves to be suspended for the entire season. It is nobidy else's fault that he is an idiot but his own.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
Willywanker said:
stupid that they are going to keep him on the team and let him practice and also keep him on scholarship
They are doing it so he doesn't leave school to go play for the UFL or CFL

Willywanker

Feb 18, 2009
Outside of Motown
josh3302 said:
Willywanker said:
stupid that they are going to keep him on the team and let him practice and also keep him on scholarship
They are doing it so he doesn't leave school to go play for the UFL or CFL

Let him go, I wouldnt want the guy associated with my school. Why pay for the guy to stay at your school.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
While it is not an excuse in the least bit, how come no one has brought up the idiot that taunted him to begin with. Way to stay classy in victory. Still, you gotta keep your emotions in check and Blount couldn't, so he got what he deserved.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I agree for the most part, as you can do without any unneeded taunting or grandstanding.....but I highly doubt he was the only player who may have made some sort of comment as Oregon left the field.

And it is not an excuse for the Boise st. player, but through the telecast they kept bringing up how Blount ran his mouth all week...so while the fact they held him to (-5) rushing yards should have been a big enough statement.....when you run your mouth like that it does come back to you when you fail.

He just happened to make the mistake of saying something to a pyscho-path......there's really only one or two things I can imagine him saying that would deserve a reaction like Blount's and from all accounts those things wern't said.....and actually we don't even know if what he said was all that negative, because on OTL they claimed that Blount said he didn't even hear what the player said.....he reacted and was set off simply because he was touched.

Penno said:
While it is not an excuse in the least bit, how come no one has brought up the idiot that taunted him to begin with. Way to stay classy in victory. Still, you gotta keep your emotions in check and Blount couldn't, so he got what he deserved.

Members online

Latest posts