Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is the most overrated prospect in baseball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Two categories: Price (card wise) and Preformance.

Price wise I think Montero are overrated at the current buy in the prices; its hard for me to justify paying nearly $400 per raw gold for a guy who doesn't have a true position yet. He does have a large upside with that bat in that organization, just a bit too risky for me. Stanton is another prospect who worries me....LARGE strikeout numbers.

Performance: Brandon Erbe. Sure, he has a great ERA in AA at 22 year of age, which is good, but he's a flyball pitcher who pitches to contact....what do you think will happen when he meets a player with legit ML power?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
What's the most overrated word in baseball?

I'll say "overrated." Seriously, it's not THAT great a word.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
GAbballplayer148 said:
donrusscrusademan said:
hive17 said:
What's the most overrated word in baseball?

I'll say "overrated." Seriously, it's not THAT great a word.

Its used so much in sports that I think it will be official soon.

Kinda like swagger... ::facepalm::

or "intanglible" and "clutch"

clutch now equals: doing what you're supposed to be trying to do every play, just when more people are looking.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Tillman was really expensive. Hasn't been very impressive in the bigs thus far.

Stanton is very pricey for K'ing so much. I know he's young ,but he still K's a lot.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
jbone17 said:
Lars Anderson. The dude has sucked it up this year.

If his Chrome Autos were still $60-$70 per I would agree, but his prices have fallen like a rock. A lot of these guys mentioned in this thread are solid buys to me right now considering every prospect mentioned has either had a down year or is currently hurt.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
bballcardkid said:
jbone17 said:

If his Chrome Autos were still $60-$70 per I would agree, but his prices have fallen like a rock. A lot of these guys mentioned in this thread are solid buys to me right now considering every prospect mentioned has either had a down year or is currently hurt.

Based on performance I meant obviously. Not for both. Price wise I would have to say Stanton as well. The man has the power, but he needs to be economical and not try to hit the ball out of the park every time.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
jbone17 said:
bballcardkid said:
jbone17 said:

Based on performance I meant obviously. Not for both. Price wise I would have to say Stanton as well. The man has the power, but he needs to be economical and not try to hit the ball out of the park every time.

Ah, my bad. I have difficulty seperating the prices with actual baseball production when I make comments.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
bballcardkid said:
jbone17 said:
bballcardkid said:
jbone17 said:

Ah, my bad. I have difficulty seperating the prices with actual baseball production when I make comments.

No prob. :lol:

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
soccerman034 said:
Performance: Brandon Erbe. Sure, he has a great ERA in AA at 22 year of age, which is good, but he's a flyball pitcher who pitches to contact....what do you think will happen when he meets a player with legit ML power?

Really? Nobody ever talks about Branon Erbe. Who's rating him? :)

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Brett Keith said:
soccerman034 said:

Not on these boards, but people on Sickels blog as well as a few Oriole message boards were touting him as the best prospect in the system. Britton is light years ahead in my opinion.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
soccerman034 said:
Brett Keith said:
soccerman034 said:

Not on these boards, but people on Sickels blog as well as a few Oriole message boards were touting him as the best prospect in the system. Britton is light years ahead in my opinion.

I like Arrieta a smidgen better than Erbe, but that is just my opinion. :lol:

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
soccerman034 said:
Brett Keith said:
soccerman034 said:

Has anyone that wasn't an O's fan said that? ;)

Members online

Latest posts