Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ichiro- breaks record

in an era of steriods, where does this rank?

• best achievement in a long time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
store_0006.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I don't want to restart a different arguement, but what he's done is FAAAARRRR more impressive than Jeter setting the Yankees' hits record. And I can assure you, it'll be less covered.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
hive17 said:
I don't want to restart a different arguement, but what he's done is FAAAARRRR more impressive than Jeter setting the Yankees' hits record. And I can assure you, it'll be less covered.

+1

what Ichiro did nobody has done before, and no ball player will possibly do ever again.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
scotty21690 said:
I can't think of any better achievements this era....

Way to go Ichiro! :D
if he hit .400 what would be more impressive?

I know .400 against these pitchers (modern day) would be quite impressive but how many times has 9 consecutive 200 hit seasons happened before>

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
scotty21690 said:

I know .400 against these pitchers (modern day) would be quite impressive but how many times has 9 consecutive 200 hit seasons happened before>
.400 over a full season will NEVER happen again.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
scotty21690 said:
darocker80 said:
scotty21690 said:

.400 over a full season will NEVER happen again.

I happen to disagree with you on that. I think it's extremely possible.

Anyway, to answer the question, hitting .400 is not as impressive as what Ichiro has done.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Frow said:
What does steroids have anything to do with this accomplishment. Do you really need to belittle his accomplishment like that?

I am not belittling the accomplishment. I am just stating that the "power" records of this era have been screwed up by cheating. When someone breaks a contact record these days it can get less love. Its good to see in this case that the baseball community believes in this achievement.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Ichiro is a monster in a thin little Japanese body. He'll go down as one of the best contact hitters ever to play the game. Good for him.

Anthony

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Frow said:
What does steroids have anything to do with this accomplishment. Do you really need to belittle his accomplishment like that?

well I guess that I am pro Ichiro and that the poll setup may lean that way, if you think there is a more fair way to ask the question Im willing to change

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
I personally agree that this is one of the biggest accomplishments in recent history. And it's not fair to compare it to Jeter's record, what if Ichiro started playing right out of college or out of HS (whatever his case is) and didn't play in Japan for those years!? Then maybe he would/could have passed Rose's record of the 4,000+ hits. What he has done at his age is definitely a major accomplishment and in many ways MORE exciting than any home run! (although the late 90's HR race was awfully exciting too).

HUGE CONGRATS TO HIM!

Members online

Latest posts