Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Pitcher of the recent times

Best Pitcher of the recent times

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
He won 2 Cy Youngs, WS MVP and 300 games. Requirement to get on this list was 2 Cys. These are the only guys to grab two of them in the last 20+ years.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
thefasterblade said:
He won 2 Cy Youngs, WS MVP and 300 games. Requirement to get on this list was 2 Cys. These are the only guys to grab two of them in the last 20+ years.

He just wasn't as flat out dominat as some of the others on the list.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Nope, he wasn't. But he deserves to be on this list more than any other pitcher who is not on this list. Including Schilling and Peavy. If he gets no votes, so be it.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Awful hard to vote against the Rocket, as much as I dislike him. He and Maddux were great for a long time. But if we're talking about who was the best pitcher at the very height of his career I think that has to be Pedro.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Maddux had the best run of year in, year out dominance from 1990 until recently. Pedro is this generation's Sandy Koufax and was actually more dominant in his peak years than Koufax was.

G

This kid.

ut83.jpg

I0016557.jpg

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
its defiantly Clemens. He was the most dominating pitcher steroids or not he was amn animal. Like ostarander said he won a CY at age 42. He was defiantly the most dominating. I think if RJ didnt start to have back problems I think hhe would be the most dominating pithcer. It owuldnt have helped it he was on a better team.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
None of the above...

It was clearly Dwight Gooden. Despite his self implosion, he was the most dominant, most feared, most talented and perhaps the most commanding pitcher this generation had ever seen while atop of his game. If I am forced to choose among the list, then I pick Maddux. He is without doube the most talented of all the pitchers mentioned.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Maddux. Year in and year out he was at a superstar level. Other guys had a year or two where they were better. But the length and consistency of his greatness gets my vote.

Alex

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
UMich92 said:
Maddux. Year in and year out he was at a superstar level. Other guys had a year or two where they were better. But the length and consistency of his greatness gets my vote.

Alex
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone there whose peak was as good as Maddux's. 4 straight CY. It's hard to imagine seasons with ERA's of 1.63 and 1.56.

Members online

Latest posts