Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chrome Auto Prices for Young Stars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I posted some thoughts about what some of the young star's chrome auto RCs sell for now on my blog. http://masonphillip.sportscardblogs.com/2009/09/22/chromeautoanalysis/

I would be curious to hear thoughts on it. I don't think in many cases, even when these young stars play extremely well that their card prices rise and are then sustained at that higher level.

Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think.

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
Longoria and Zimmerman are interesting examples. I think a large factor is what they do early in their pro career. Longoria started out very hot and Zimmerman was injured and now despite similar years to this point Longoria is outselling Zimm by about 2 to 1.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
TraderJake said:
Longoria and Zimmerman are interesting examples. I think a large factor is what they do early in their pro career. Longoria started out very hot and Zimmerman was injured and now despite similar years to this point Longoria is outselling Zimm by about 2 to 1.

Interesting angle on the injuries.

I think it is reflective of the fact that if the wind gets taken out of the sales early on, it is often hard to recover.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Why don't you post your thoughts here, instead of asking us to go to your blog? Just curious being that this is a message board. :D

Edit: And MasonPhillip, I didn't write this in a rude tone; I am simply curious if you are just trying to drive traffic to your blog with these post's you have been making or if there is some other reason that you are not posting your entire "opinion" (you've been writing little summaries & then saying, go to my blog for the rest- which is frustrating as I'd like to read what you have to say here)? :D

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
masonphillip said:
TraderJake said:

I think it is reflective of the fact that if the wind gets taken out of the sales early on, it is often hard to recover.

I think also a major difference is that Longoria plays for a good team that has been to the world series, and Zimm is stuck with a minor league team. :twisted:

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Why don't you post your thoughts here, instead of asking us to go to your blog? Just curious being that this is a message board. :D

For random bursts of information I love the message board format. These posts would be rather long though for a message board. I also hope my blog thoughts are a little more fleshed out, nicely formatted, more article like. Plus, it is a nice way of archiving them so you can go back and read prior posts easily, versus flipping through pages of posts. Lastly, others read my blog that may not visit FCB and it is easy to advertise or send them a link as such.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
HoustonTeams4Me said:

The blog is his baby. It needs nurturing. :lol:

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
brouthercard said:
masonphillip said:
TraderJake said:

I think also a major difference is that Longoria plays for a good team that has been to the world series, and Zimm is stuck with a minor league team. :twisted:

Yeah, that's what I was getting at with my "Teams Matter" observation. So often early in the game you hear prospectors raving about the tools of a Destin Hood or someone similar. Then you see them get drafted by the Nationals and in the background a toilet flushes, an ominous omen of the future of your investment.

Eventually prospectors leave the game and the slack (prices) must be kept up my team collectors, player collectors and general collectors. In the case of the Mets, Yankees, many of these collectors abound...in the case of the Nationals, well, they just don't.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
You responded before I could get in my "edit" (it is below):

And MasonPhillip, I didn't write this in a rude tone; I am simply curious if you are just trying to drive traffic to your blog with these post's you have been making or if there is some other reason that you are not posting your entire "opinion" (you've been writing little summaries & then saying, go to my blog for the rest- which is frustrating as I'd like to read what you have to say here)? :D

But I now get what is up & will be headed over to read your blog! ;)

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
You responded before I could get in my "edit" (it is below):

And MasonPhillip, I didn't write this in a rude tone; I am simply curious if you are just trying to drive traffic to your blog with these post's you have been making or if there is some other reason that you are not posting your entire "opinion" (you've been writing little summaries & then saying, go to my blog for the rest- which is frustrating as I'd like to read what you have to say here)? :D

But I now get what is up & will be headed over to read your blog! ;)

Its a fair question and yeah, I just started the blog so I'm trying to attract readers, that is true too!

Members online

Latest posts